Trip Video - Derawan, June 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boat is OK. Destination is also OK, but it did not Wow me. That’s from my personal perspective, but you need to understand where I dive and what Wows me. Essentially, I don’t need a huge shark, more like sharks with bigger teeth and/or heavy concentrations of sharks. Some others on the boat saw a few hammers and solitary threshers, but I didn’t. I see oceanic mantas, so reef mantas are tame. Having said this, everyone had a good time and the guides were capable. Certainly a trip that is enjoyable, especially for those who only do one or two trips a year.

I’m sitting in an airport waiting for my flight home so I had a think about what someone might want to specifically do the trip for. Barracuda? Sipadan is better. Threshers? Malapasqua should be better. Hammers? Lots of places would be better. Whale sharks, again lots of places have whale sharks. But look at the photo of me in the end credits. I’m in inverted horizontal trim looking at 2 shadows above. Where can you scuba at a whale shark feeding?

I’m sitting in an airport waiting for my flight home so I had a think about what someone might want to specifically do the trip for. Barracuda? Sipadan is better. Threshers? Malapasqua should be better. Hammers? Lots of places would be better. Whale sharks, again lots of places have whale sharks. But look at the photo of me in the end credits. I’m in inverted horizontal trim looking at 2 shadows above. Where can you scuba at a whale shark feeding?

Yes, I was impressed by the whale sharks and your footage but I was curious as to whether they are being fed or feeding on their own naturally? There's a vertical rope to the side.

I didn't see any barracuda when I was in Sipadan. Twas quite disappointing (in that regard)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom