Trouble keeping my wing working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budprop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an older WTX6 wing that is needing some TLC. I am in Hawaii and need to find a couple parts. The first is a replacement dump valve, the gasket is developing some cracks and I would rather replace the whole assembly since the pull cord is getting frayed. I would also like to replace the inflator elbow with one with a pull dump in it. Is there an online source where I can find these parts? Thanks for your help

Dive Gear Express does not sell APEKS compatible parts, I checked there first.

Hello, the pull cord is easy to replace, simply raising the gasket, pulling away the knot, cutting it away and setting a new cord back.
You have not to replace the whole assembly just for a gasket and a cord.
I don't know if your wing thread and seats valve diameter are standard, but a quick check with dive gear express would wipe any doubt about their dump valve elbows.
Usually I would not put another potential failure or leakage cause, I find the standard dump valve enough when I'm am in the horizontal position, and, in the rare case I'm in upright position I use the inflator to dump air from the wing.

Ops, sorry for DGX, I didn't know it was not selling compatible parts.

Do you know if Halcyon and Apeks share the same thread and valve diameter ?

The guys at Dive Right in Scuba carry Apeks products, so they should be able to direct you. I would be surprised to hear that those parts aren't interchangeable across brands though.

not to be rude, but the reason I posted this in the Apeks board is because I wanted information from folks that know Apeks parts, not a bunch of random speculation. I appreciate your help, but if you don't know, I don't need your help.

For my knowledge there are at least 2 types of threads with different diameters on wing seats - I own both actually.
Here in europe, the more common one is compatible with Halcyon. The other one - a bit larger are compatible with Dare To Dive (DTD) brand.

Generally speaking most wing parts are generic, halcyon, OMS, DiveRite, Oxycheq, HOG, AGIR, there may be others. Unfortunately Apeks and ScubaPro, there may be others use brand specific parts. As has been posted above you'd need to contact an Apeks/Aqualung dealer for the parts you need for your wing. DiveRightInScuba are dealers state side. Generic Inflators units are, AFAIA, good for all wings, dump valves are not. Be kind, people are only trying to help. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom