trouble recovering bc from pool bottom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I do feel good. I have a great teacher. This was far more challenging for me than I thought it would be which made it a huge accomplishment.

Good to hear that you rose to the occasion! It is great to feel totally confident in the pool and to be able to do things by touch. ..:)

I became a certified diver today. WooHoo. Everything went perfectly. Two dives both flawless, and my instructor was impressed at my air consumption.
Everything fell in to place for me when I hit the water this morning. :D

Congrats! Keep diving and training!

I became a certified diver today. WooHoo. Everything went perfectly. Two dives both flawless, and my instructor was impressed at my air consumption.
Everything fell in to place for me when I hit the water this morning. :D

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful realm of Poseidon...

As the saying goes, “The Learning is Just Beginning,” but so is the voyage. :yeahbaby:

Is an overexpansion injury likely in 10 foot of water?

Nevermind. I see that it is. Dumb question. I should know better.
It's possible in 2 feet of water.

As far as the original post goes. I didn't do anything like this until I was taking the divemaster course. Btw a helpful hint for underwater vision without a mask: look down, blow some air up to your eyesockets, you'll be able to see through the surface from these airpockets much like having a mask. Only works with your face down in the water.

During the divemaster course, we did a gear-swapping excercise, you had to switch gear with buddy. Everything from BCD to fins. All the while the instructor was doing distractions like flooding the mask, adding air to the BCD, or blocking your view with a freeflow of bubbles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom