Trucker Girl sighting in Wilmington NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl

Cupcake, Queen of Dorks
Reaction score
Off the road for good in April '08 and at home in
# of dives
100 - 199
Shot in the dark here, we'll be in Wilmington Friday (barring accidents, break down, natural disasters and the like). And won't need to leave until Sat night/Sunday morning.

So, of course, I have to post here! Just on the off chance someone knows about some open spots on a cheap charter and can suggest a place to rent a full set of gear. And I do mean FULL set. I don't have anything but my log book and c-card. I didn't even bring my snorkel (and for those who know me, that's a major deal!).

If not, I'm sure we can find a place to park, grab a cab and hit the beach.

TG

Cheap and NC charters don't usually go together. The premier sites are a long boat ride (30-40 miles each way) which uses a lot of fuel and drives costs up.

There are 2 main dive charters in the area and both do a pretty good job of keeping an updated schedule on their websites.

http://www.aquaticsafaris.com:8081/chAdmin/pubCharters.jsp

Charter schedule

My first choice of the trips for Saturday would be the Rosin Wreck / Meg Ledge combo, if you're up for the long boat ride, possible seas, and 100'+ divers. Both sites should be spectacular. Lobster ledge with Aquatic Safaris would be my second choice, just because there in no wreck and NC is known for wrecks.

Both shops can rent a full set of gear.

Diving around Wilmington can be fantastic. Don't miss the chance to dive there if you can help it.

Hope that helps-

Rich

Not sure if it helps your cause, but both boats are within walking distance of the beach. This is a great time of year for fishing, if he's into that kind of thing.

Rich

Ya need to make it back up to Dutch sometime.

Well, we're here and we're parked. I'm drooling over the links fireflock posted, but I doubt I'll be diving. If it's not raining we'll go to the beach tomorrow- maybe tonight as well... who's going to complain about an evening stroll on the beach (in the rain?). :D

The weather is not cooperating. From the NOAA forecast:

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT THIS MORNING

TODAY
NW WINDS 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS AROUND 6 FT...SUBSIDING TO 5 FT THIS AFTERNOON. NEAR SHORE...SEAS AROUND 3 FT.

The dive shops usually cancel trips when a small craft advisory is up. They're funny that way. :D

Back
Top Bottom