Truk Lagoon Outer Reefs Worth Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the initial stages of planning a fall 2017 trip to dive both Palau and Truk Lagoon. I'll be diving about 5 days in Palau and move over to Truk to dive the wrecks there for about 3 days. Given that I'll already be diving in Palau, would it be worthwhile for me to dive a day in the outer reefs of Truk Lagoon or should I spend all 3 of my dive days there doing the wrecks? I plan to dive 3 tanks per dive day in Truk.

Unless that resident Tiger Shark is still there at the South Pass/Outer Reef, I would recommend just spending your three days diving the wrecks. . .

Can you extend your time in Truk? Some of the best wrecks are deep and getting in 3 decent dives a day might be difficult due to no-decomp limits. Bear in mind there are about 60 wrecks in Truk, so three days will only allow you to visit a small number of the wrecks there.

I would not miss a day of diving the wrecks in Chuuk - you will wish you had more time to dive them - they are amazing. The Palau/Chuuk combination is great - two very different experiences.

Back
Top Bottom