Truk Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joewr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those of you heading for Truk or have been to Truk, you might try to see a re-run of the History Channel's program about Dogfights that covers Truk. It does not cover the sinking of all the ships, but does discuss Truk and some of the aspects of Operation Hailstorm.

joewr

I looked and there's two: one on the Zero and one of the sinking of the Japanese Navy. I'm guessing the later show is what you're referring to? I think it's on tomorrow.

Jack

JackConnick:
I looked and there's two: one on the Zero and one of the sinking of the Japanese Navy. I'm guessing the later show is what you're referring to? I think it's on tomorrow.

Jack

Hi, Jack,

To be bluntly honest, I do not know which one it was. If you are a WWII history buff such as I, it sounds like either one will be interesting.

joewr

Yeah, it wasn't the Japanese navy one, I watched it last night, good show though.

Jack

JackConnick:
Yeah, it wasn't the Japanese navy one, I watched it last night, good show though.

Jack

Don't tell me I missed it? When is it on in the NY market, if you know? Headed to Truk in March so that would be super to see.

JackConnick:

Jack

Yes I also watched both shows and I thought both
were very well done and very interesting....

I did not see to much if any on truk.

bob

I got a call from a friend to watch WWII Wrecks of the Coral Sea. I tuned in just before it started. It showed some of the wrecks in Truk. Not sure this is the show you guys were referrring to but it was good.

just got a 1 gig memory chip for my uw digital. My camera will now hold 1107 shots of super fine quality. Whoa, that sounds like I might get at least a few good shots on Truk & Yap trip in a few weeks-I hope.

Is there a must get shot on either island?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom