Truk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is probably the wrong place to post this so move it if necessary. Anyone dive Truk Lagoon? If so, what was the procedure and cost for travel and 'adequate' lodging (I'm no first class traveler) and a safe dive operator? Any other information would be welcome too.

Chuuk is hard to do on a budget, there are limited options. There is a gallery and trip report at our website. Probably the best land based option is the Blue Lagoon Resort.

It's tough doing those far-South Pacific/Microneasia locations on a budget. I've tried several times and have been unable to plan a trip to that part of the world within the time I have available or the money I have available.

Good Luck. And if you manage to make the trip, have loads of fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a number of threads on truk / chuuk in the pacific island forum.

Its hard to do on a budget - you first have to fly to Guam, then fly Continental Micronesia to Truk.

For land based operations its either Blue Lagoon or Truk Stop. From memory Truk Stop is a little cheaper, but they may have changed staff around recently. The thorfin was the cheaper of the liveaboards, but no idea if it has been repaired since hitting a rock last year.

Bring a good book - there's very little to do top side, and chuuk is not the most scenic of the pacific islands. Note email access for some of these operations is limited: its best to call them if you want to get quotes.

Its one of the best dive locations in the world, and I cant wait to get back there again next year.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Too bad you can't get on the Odyssey; it is booked through 2011.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom