Truth Aquatics, Santa Barbara trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I just returned from a trip on the Conception to the Channel Islands off of Santa Barbara, CA. I can't speak well enough of the trip. It was organised through the UCSC scuba club, but trips are availible to the public (I think). Anyways, the diving was wonderful. I was able to get 9 dives in a day and a half. I went through about 4 buddies. The crew was great: they were knowlegeable about the local dive sites and were always ready to chat or answer questions. My tank was refilled almost as soon as it hit the deck meaning I could get into the water again as soon as I had burned off enough Nitrogen. The food was spectacular, they served us tri-tip steak and sea-food pasta, to name just a couple of the meals, and there was always more than we could consume. The boat was big enough to comfortly support all of the divers, with a main deck and a sun deck for lounging.
The diving was really good. Vis was anywhere between 10-40 feet, and life was abundant. there were lots of marine sea lions and seals, and we saw Whales when we were crusing. At night squid were attracted to a light on board. We did most of our diving off of Santa Cruz island, as conditions were not great around the other islands.
I don't think my writings can at all do justice to how great the trip was. I would highly recommend this boat and company.

I have been diving with them on several occasions and have always had a great time. This was several years ago though and I'm glad to see they are still doing a great job. If I ever get off my butt and go visit some friends out there again I'll probably end up diving with them again.

Back
Top Bottom