Try Before you buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In an effort to help ensure you get the best equipment for you, we are starting a "Try Before you Buy" Program.

This allows you to try that BCD, wetsuit, reg, before you buy it!!

How it works:

Call, pm, email us what you want to try. You provide us with a credit card number that we verify, we dont charge or hold anything, we verify the card. You then pay the shipping charges to get the product to you. Take it try it on see what you think. If its not what you want, send it back. If you do like it, call us and we will ring you up. Depending on the price of the item and what it is, we will probably even pick up the original shipping charge and deduct it from your purchase price :wink:
If its the wrong size, send it back and we will cross ship you the proper size.

With this promo you will always get NEW product. This will ensure no problems out of the box and if you decide to keep it, you were the only one to use it. This also covers us...if you send back a reg with no first stage, guess what...your buying it. If you send it back all beat up, you might have a restocking fee. If you send it back in perfect condition, you will have no restocking fees or anything.

We want you to be comfortable with your online purchases and feel this is a great way to KNOW you bought exactly what you needed and not have to worry about exchanging or the hassles of restocking fees

If you have any questions, feel free to PM or post them here

Have a great weekend,
Mike

and I was very, very pleased with their communcation and forthrightness:D
I am very sensitive to the way LDS's and online shops treat us as consumers, and I've flamed more than my share. But I can tell you, straight up, that DRIS was great to deal with.

I would highly recommend them. They won't rip you off or take advantage of you, they'll do what they say they'll do.
I hope your business model works!
disclaimer: Nope, don't own any of it, my relatives don't own any of it, nobody I know owns any of it, :rofl3 and I live in Arizona and they're in Illinois, if I remember right. No affiliation whatsoever. :rofl3:

LOL...thanks guys....Yep we are in Illinois. Just another attempt to offer great service in the online world :wink: This also is for our instate and local customers that are on here :D even the ones that never post but read every post of mine

That sounds like a great idea Mike. Kudos to you for thinking outside of the box.

How does this affect the manufactures warranty?

Doesnt affect the warranty at all. Your still trying and possibly buying a new unit from an Authorized dealer :wink: so the warranty is fully intact

Mike, very interesting way of doing business. Is there a time limit on the use? I'm going to have to wait until everything warms up to start testing, lol.

To be clear here... You are talking about trying it on, not test diving this gear, correct? Please clarify.

Pete

Doesnt affect the warranty at all. Your still trying and possibly buying a new unit from an Authorized dealer :wink: so the warranty is fully intact

The try before you buy; is that diving or just checking for fit. It think the question might have been how is the warranty affected if the gear is dived, then returned and then purchased by another person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom