Trying to do some Advance planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casarez

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am hoping some of you guys will be able to help me out. I have read some of the threads but figured I would start one so I can keep track of the responses. A friend of mine transferred to our Sydney office and a couple of friends and I are using that as an excuse to try and plan a trip out to the great country of Australia. It would be in January 2009 and we are planning for three weeks. I have some questions though I hope I can get answers to.

Since one of my friends dives we are planning on doing some diving while we are there for sure. The initial thought is to spend a week at Brisbane, one week at Sydney (Since we have a place to stay there), and a week at Melbourne. We would like to spend at least 2-3 days at each place diving. My questions are:

1. Is there good diving out of Brisbane or should we go further north to hit the Great Barrier Reef?
2. Any recommendations for good dive shops in the three areas we could hit up for dive trips costs etc?
3. For those that live there are we being a bit ambitious in our planning?

All help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Changed date so that trip is in the future not the past.

heheheheh

ok, are you asking only about brissie?? my suggestion for brisbane is either

40mins from brisbane airport, catch a ferry across (you can travel as a passenger or book your car to go across to the island) and dive North Stradbroke Island
there is a dive shop with backpackers accomodation and we dived it a few years ago and had lepoard sharks, turtles, lots of fish life and they talk about mantas but i never saw one there Manta Lodge and Scuba Centre : Stradbroke Island

otherwise, a nice 3 night liveaboard of morton bay/nth straddie is Big Cat Reality, Big Cat Reality / Dive Tours of Moreton Bay

otherwise, head 1hr north to dive HMAS Brisbane, Scuba Diving – Scuba Diver – Scuba Gear – Queensland, Australia - Scubaworld

or head south to byron bay

just remember, january is our school hols so accomodation gets more exy and a bit crowded

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom