Trying to get some vintage gear appraised.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate the information. Not to doubt your estimates, but I was asked to obtain multiple appraisals by the owner.

I agree with Scuaho's estimate. Everthing looks like it was buried. I have that tank with a perfect decal. It would be worth more if that one had one. Also you never showed a pic of the back of the reg. It could be a blue aluminum body. But I doubt it.

The reg appears to be the black plastic Divair. The Hope Page mouthpiece would also be correct for that regulator.

Scubaho is correct. Black plastic Divair regulator. It wasn't exactly buried, but has been sitting in a house apparently since the 50's

Tank, if in hydro and zip, perhaps $50, means that as is it is about worthless.

The regulator is no a "collectors" item, maybe $20 as a curiosity.

The wetsuit you need to pay someone to haul away, rubber goes bad in 5 to 10 years, even if unused.

I appreciate the information. Not to doubt your estimates, but I was asked to obtain multiple appraisals by the owner.

Everybody thinks their junk is valuable, but it's mostly just junk. The wetsuit makes me want to clean my monitor with Lysol.

However if you want the actual, maximum possible value, put it all up on ebay. It's worth exactly what someone is willing to pay, and not a penny more or less.

flots.

The DivAir has a chance to get back in the water, but as it's a last generation plastic body there's some big "IFS" that go with that. The new owner would have to make a diaphragm for it. As this reg used a bellows type diaphragm, that's not too hard to do. It's a single stage reg with only a few parts, but if the HP seat is done, so are you. Finally, those black plastic bodies were known to crack. If that's the case your also done. With all that, if it can be brought back into service they are really sweet breathing regulators. I have a model B, the aluminum bodied one and I've been diving that on occasion for the last few years. I really like it. It's breathes just as well as My DW Mistral or my Healthways Gold label. That might make a good parts reg for somebody and a Hope Page mouth piece always has some worth. One should be able to pull out $50.00 to someone who knows those regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom