Trying to meet older divers in Port St Lucie area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jima

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am retired and like to dive during the week when it is less crowded. I am a PADI certified advanced open water diver and also nitrox certfied. I live in Port St Lucie and I would like to meet divers in this area that are also retired and have a similar background.

Please contact through this forum

Jima

We're diving the bridge tomorrow, ie; BHB or Blue Heron Bridge--44 miles south of our house in PSL. We will be there about 9am for an 11am high tide. It's a shore dive. Google it if you're not familiar with it. We dove it Saturday and had a nice dive on the west side--we saw a frogfish!! Come on down!! We will try to park near the playground and plan to dive the west side again.

Im not retired, but my schedule is a rotating schedule from lowes. So most of my days off are during the week. Im thinking about doing the bridge myself tomorrow.

Randynfla and jima,

We had a nice dive at the bridge today, saw a seahorse that someone was shooting pics of, so we waited and they left after a few minutes and we shot some pics. Then I looked up and another group was waiting, so we moved on. A nice bunch of people--thanks to those ahead and behind us!!! Viz a little cloudy and 15 ft.--temp 84F. We plan to go again Wednesday, either or both of you let us know if you wanna go...........

jimw in PSL

Jima,
Want to meet divers who are retired?

Describe you guest room and post some photos. :D

To jimw and randynfla,

I missed your replies until it was to late to go. I just received the notice from scubaboard today that there were replies to my posting. I would have liked to join you but did not know about the dive until it was to late. I will have to check on the forum more often myself rather than wait for scubaboard to notify me that I had received a reply. By the way do you live in the Port St Lucie area?

jima

We live over near Jensen Beach in the SE corner of PSL. We dive BHB regularly--going mostly during the week. You may have noticed the "BHB Trolls" thread here in the FL Divers section on scubaboard--it's a good source of info. I'm guessing we might go on Tues., Sep 4th. since the hi tide of 11:29am is good for us....................

Unfortunately I do have another commitment on Tuesdays but please let me know if you are going another time. I will be away the following week.

Thanks,

Jima

Jima...i'm not retired but do live in Vero Beach with a very flexible schedule. my buddy and i will often grab a quick...and generally awesome, shore dive during the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom