TSDT Dive June 9th at Clear Springs Scuba Park (Terrell, TX)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June 9 just happens to be my birthday, and I can't think of a better way to spend it. I'll be there.

Hi All,
Long time no talk.
I might be able to make it.
My son is flying into Houston on Sat the 8th. So I will be driving up from Mexico.
He is 13, just got certified and is really wanting to dive. This would be a good outing for him.
Will be good to see you all again.
Hope things work out.
Vettster

Originally posted by Vettster
Hi All,
Long time no talk.
My son is flying into Houston on Sat the 8th. So I will be driving up from Mexico.
He is 13, just got certified and is really wanting to dive. This would be a good outing for him.
Will be good to see you all again.
Hope things work out.
Vettster

Hello Stranger! If you'll be in Houston you are welcome to join us at Twin Lakes, just south of town. Tony might even want to stay and join us in order to see you!

Let us know when you get here.

Originally posted by Vettster
Vettster
WAAAAY COOL MAN!

Be wonderful to see ya and catch up with all your doings. Keep us informed of your plans!

--Mike

Since it looks like I can get plenty of help I am moving my work day to the 9th. I know we can get one course set without too much trouble. There is a small john boat out there that I hope to be able to use and use that instead of lift bags to set the anchors.

Tom

I always knew you were smart, Tom. Even though you do hide it so well - just kidding.

Hope ya can make it Vettster. Maybe this time I'll see that supersonic turtle you were tryin to point out to me last time.

Allright Guys (and Gals)
Right now I'm kind of torn between driving up north on Sunday or going to Sea Space.
Will discuss it with my Son when he gets in and see what he says.

BTW: Looking for a boat. Anyone know of a 20-24' center console outboard that I can get for a good price? I want to bring it back to Mexico so I want an ugly one but in good mechanical condition.

Hope to see everyone and catch up.

Cheers,
Da Vettster!

Originally posted by Dee

Hello Stranger! If you'll be in Houston you are welcome to join us at Twin Lakes, just south of town. Tony might even want to stay and join us in order to see you!

Let us know when you get here.

And of course, we will have to get the newest Swampster (my Son) a T-shirt won't we Mike:D

Was planning on going on Saturday, although my plans are now up in the air, was curious if anyone was going out on Saturday.

I am also in real need of some dive buddies. I went out as a single last Sunday and after waiting around for a bit went for a dive with small group. It was nice but only got in one dive before having to return to Dallas.

I would like to sneak out there for a bit at some point on Saturday, either early morning or later afternoon.
I can not make it Sunday though.

Bill Walton

Newly certified diver. Just got my OW a couple weeks ago, took a Nitrox class last weekend and am working on my Advanced. I am slightly hooked. At the point dreaming of growing gills.
Shoot me an e-mail if anyone is ever interested in getting wet. My schedule is really tangled this summer but always looking to find time to dive. (wwalton@mail.smu.edu)

But I know our group generally has the same passion for diving that you do, Bill.

Here are my plans in general over the next 6-8 weeks.

Much of the weekends will be out at Athens since I'm working with Ronbo (Ron Carlo) towards my DM cert. However, I will be willing to take a break from there and hit other local spots as the desire and opportunity arise.

Also, since the DM is through a local shop, I probably will be working with the other instructors at other locations as the need arrises during the internship phase.

I am going to WreckMania in mid July.

And there is the TSDT Flower Gardens Trip in August

So anytime you find me at the local spots, I'd be more than happy to dive with you when I'm not in work mode. I can also introduce you to some really good rec/tek instructors so when you are ready for that next level of certification (or a specialty) you know who to talk to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom