Tualmaben Bali - Images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foxtrot16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just a few images from my recent trip to Tulamben, Bali.

All taken with the Olympus OMD EM-5 with either the 12 - 50mm or 60mm macros lenses.

Karl

2013-09-08+Coral+Gardens+-+01.jpg 2013-09-08+The+Drop+Off+-+04.jpg 2013-09-08+The+Drop+Off+-+10.jpg 2013-09-11+Liberty+Wreck+-+01.jpg 2013-09-11+Malasti+-+13.jpg 2013-09-11+Malasti+-+16.jpg

Very nice. Tulamben is one of my favorite Indonesian dive spots.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nice shots .. where you get the harlequin?

Uji my guide found it - we were at Malasti, just south of Tulamben Bay.

We found two during the dive but the second on was much small and didn't want to come out from under his rock.

Karl

Karl

Do you use dedicated ports for the two lenses or one port for both? I asked Wisnu the same question. I have both lenses but I am undecided which port/s to get. I was thinking of the Nauticam 65 and using the 12-50 in it as well if needed. Later I intend to get the 8mm Panasonic fisheye with the 4.33 dome port.

Karl

Do you use dedicated ports for the two lenses or one port for both? I asked Wisnu the same question. I have both lenses but I am undecided which port/s to get. I was thinking of the Nauticam 65 and using the 12-50 in it as well if needed. Later I intend to get the 8mm Panasonic fisheye with the 4.33 dome port.

Yes at the moment I have only the one port the Nauticam 65. There was a post on Wetpixel where a guy put up 'drawings' for a set of home made gears for a 3D printer that I downloaded and found someone to 'print / make' these gears for me - they work okay (needed some slight modification) with the 12 - 50mm but I can not engage macro so I need to use a wet lens to assist with that.

The reason I went this way is because where I dive in WA (south of Perth) the vis is very poor and 4m would be considered an excellent dive :depressed: so 99% of my photography is macro therefore I can not justify the extra expense of wide angle lens and port setup for the one off yearly dive trips.

One of the benefits of the 12 - 50mm is the 43mm macro setting and I did a few dives using this lens just locked in on the macro setting which was great for some of the dives at places like 'Coral Gardens' where you need that slightly wider angle of view and it is a lot cheaper than the Panasonic 45mm macro lens.

Hope this helps.

Karl

Thanks Karl

There certainly are a few options for these two lenses. Wisnu uses both in the 4" semi-dome with a flip diopter if he is using the 12-50 and wants a macro shot ( using the 1 fish /43mm setting I presume). So by my count that makes 4 options:
dedicated ports for both
both in the Nauticam 65
both in the Nauticam 4" semi dome or
both in the Nauticam 12-50 port.

Help!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom