Tulsa area dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k ellis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone know if there is any places at all in the Tulsa area a person could have a good dive? Like Skiatook lake or Ooolagah lake? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated :)

im not in the Tulsa area but around Fayetteville, Arkansas. and im just getting into the dive seen here as well from moving. but i have found beaver lake that has much to offer like monte ne ampatheater.
and their is also BlueWater Lake in Oronogo, Missouri also a very good spot.
my wife has been to lake Tenkiller and she gave me good feedback as well.
so. i also like to just hit the little local lake's just to hunt fish!

hope this helps enjoy!

Awesome. I have been to all the above mentioned and love tenkiller probably the best just due to it being easy to get to, get in and all the good things like that. Beaver lake is awesome too though mother nature has not been good on the visibility. and Oronogo is a great set up just dont like the long hill walk and the ice cold water at depth LOL. Some of my best local dive memories are at Oronogo though and I have absolutely no complaints of the park. John runs a great service!

Where are you in Arkansas from? I noticed you said you just moved there.

Good luck and hope to hear from you soon

Oronogo? Murky, cold, dark, like diving in a junk yard. Been there, scratched that one from my list. Why bother?

Table Rock is the best inland man made lake diving I have encountered, for what it might be worth to you. Actual wrecks with penetration, sunken bridges, flooded timber, rock walls.

N

Hay Kellis

I moved from cherokee village ar to prairie grove outside of Fayetteville, Arkansas.
i just got back from monte ne today and the viz is alot better. lots of bass to see.
my fav lake and old home base is norfork.

Do Oronogo some weekend....has a bit of interesting detail.

Course lots of nice lakes in Mo.//Ark. area not to mention a few good ones in Ok. area.

ill do that thanks

Tenkiller, Beaver, Oronogo, the closest, and Broken Bow, Lake Murray a little further to drive. By all the reports I have read Tenkiller has the best vis right now. And there is no thermocline now. I was at 80' last weekend and temp in the mid 70's. I have been down to 105' in the last couple of weeks and still able to just wear a 3mm suit and no hood. Last weekend vis was 12 to 15' above 30 feet the best I have seen at Tenkiller in a while. And the vis gets better the deeper you go, but you will need a light.

Last edited:
SO Avon are you close to Beaver lake by any chance? Im going to Eureka Springs this Friday for some gool old fashioned diving! Cant wait but I think Thursday my girls going to be at work so I may slip out to Tenkiller for a dive if I can get some one interested :)

My diving in the ocean is awesome cause of clarity but I am still getting used to the lower vis of the lakes. Got seperated from a buddy a time or two and once even got turned around and went the wrong way underwater here LOL In my haste to go diving I accidently reversed the recipical heading

to K ellis

yes im very close to beaver lake and yes id like to meet some time and have a dive just send me an e-mail at avonthediver@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom