Tulsa area dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just finished up an AOW class there this weekend... vis was 10-15 ft in pockets around the scuba park, if you got there early...

Thermocline was at 65 ft, and was pretty much mud diving... So we stayed above it, and enjoyed the plane, bus, and all 3 boats... Saw some great fish as well...

Later in the day, we had 12-15 divers, so the shallow areas got a bit murky.

Overall, Tenkiller is a good lake, for those interested a new "wreck" will be placed at the scuba park... An old, decommissioned Coast Guard S&R Helicopter, it should be in place by mid-october.

Does anyone know if there is any places at all in the Tulsa area a person could have a good dive? Like Skiatook lake or Ooolagah lake? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated :)

My experience with Skiatook area, wasn't good. Rocky areas near the dam on the east and west sides were shallow muddy areas that stirred up with any wind, and not many fish. A surprise is the north side of the island facing the highway crossing. that side of the island has deeper water with rocky bottom.

Oolagah lake, I've never found any visability.. . too much mud, too shallow.

Grand lake can be pretty good close to the dam in rocky areas. The Oklahoma council scheduled dives there every summer, look at the lake maps for some of the old road beds. . . East of "two tree island" there is a small feeder creek, it has a sandy bottom, and a tree stump that is hollowed out. Several times I've seen a small flathead that enters from the bottom of the stump, then swallows any bass that tries to hover at the top. Neat, one of a kind sight. Grand lake has given away all the shoreline so you must dive from a boat. . . Divers have been arrested for sitting on the shoreline waiting for a boat pickup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom