Tulsa - Looking for Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kbrown4ou

Registered
Reaction score
Live in Tulsa area, dive at Beaver, Table Rock, Tenkiller, Swepco, Oronogo. PADI AOW and just bought first drysuit. Looking for a like-minded, like-skilled dive buddy to do local diving once or twice a month at local dive sites, with hopefully an occasional quick trip (extended weekend) to Florida panhandle or similar to dive in less opaque waters.
-Kevin Brown

Congrats on the drysuit purchase, they're nice since you don't get wet, often I should say. 2 weeks ago I got a small pin hole in my boot and my foot got wet...

Too bad you're closer to the lakes than I am, I'd go a couple times a month if I was where you were, as is it's a 5 hour drive for me one way. Good luck on getting a good buddy close by, it's more fun when you can dive often.

Rereading my post I thought I should clarify that by "like-minded and like skilled" I meant I was hoping to find a dive buddy equally as excited about diving as myself, but not too advanced of a diver - as I wouldn't want to limit their diving given that I'm still pretty new to the sport and thus definitely no expert. Unfortunately, I still haven't found anyone to go diving with; so, have pretty much decided to give up on diving. Thus, I will probably be posting a listing of equipment I will have for sale in the next couple of days (waiting on the new DiveRite RG2500 regulator setup I just ordered to arrive first). Will also have a DiveRite BP/W, Aeris Atmos 1 computer, etc.

kbrown4ou:
Rereading my post I thought I should clarify that by "like-minded and like skilled" I meant I was hoping to find a dive buddy equally as excited about diving as myself, but not too advanced of a diver - as I wouldn't want to limit their diving given that I'm still pretty new to the sport and thus definitely no expert. Unfortunately, I still haven't found anyone to go diving with; so, have pretty much decided to give up on diving. Thus, I will probably be posting a listing of equipment I will have for sale in the next couple of days (waiting on the new DiveRite RG2500 regulator setup I just ordered to arrive first). Will also have a DiveRite BP/W, Aeris Atmos 1 computer, etc.

"have pretty much decided to give up on diving. "

Geezzz! Don't get in such a rush. Come on over to the DUI days @ Beaver Lake, there will be a lot of ScubaBoarders there. I know of several that will probably dive the DUI suits on Sat & then go dive the "Stairsteps" or something else on Sun.

Lots of get togethers @ Table Rock & Bull Shoals also.

Terry

I sure hope your last post was a joke! Why would you give it up already. Very few people are diving right now. We had planned on being at TR this weekend but my daughter is in the hospital right now so that has been postponed. Come summer-time there will be divers at the lake every weekend, and even if you don't know anyone, if you go to the dam there is almost always somebody who you can hook up with for some dives. Bottom line... Don't give up.

have you checked one of the 2 local dive shops in Tulsa. Posideon Adventures and Dive Site Tulsa. Pos. Adv. is a PADI school and Dive Site is SSI. I know Dive Site has a dive club. They also have classes that go to the lakes every 2nd and 4th weekend each month. Wife and I don't do the dry suit thing, so if we go diving this time of year it is over at SWEPCO. Come about April or May, we will be putting on the 7mm suits and going to Tenkiller a few times.

When are DUI days? I forget.

I sympathize with you, the situation is very similar for me, although I do have buddies they are not that close to me and so my diving is somewhat limited.

I do manage to dive nearly every weekend despite that, and it's only because I dive with a local shop that I can do it. I've had more buddies for one dive in cold water than I can count. The last one said that's the last time he ever dives in cold water again, from now on it's the tropics or no diving. Of course he dove a 7mm suit in 37 degree water and I'd suspect he got cold based on how quickly he signaled his status and thumbing of the dive.

Keep plugging away, it'll happen sooner or later.

Jethroish:
OMG!!!
How quick did he turn blue? 60 is the bottom limit for me and 7mm

I dive 7M in 46 degree Ffw and do not get cold to quick. The lakes around here do not get that warm. Went to Table Rock in July and @ 90 Ft it was 47 degrees. Cold is a state of mind. I do not mind so it does not matter :wink:

Hey now! don't give up that fast. I live in OK too. Be happy to do some diving with you. But like has been stated before, I don't have a drysuit, so I'm limited on the times of year I can dive. Secondly, living way out here in Enid, I can't just jump over to the lake for a quick dive. Gas prices dictate I stay a weekend or longer to justify going.

Now, all that aside, I'll be hapy to give you a hollar when the family is going to Tenkiller or the like. We could meet up for some diving. Got a boat, so I'm not limited to shore dives.

Let me know,

Fire_diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom