Tumbler for steels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MilitantMedic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone on Oahu have or know who has a tumbler that I can run my two 95's on?

If I can ask a dumb question? What's a tumbler? and what's it used for?

Harv,
A tumbler is used to O2 clean a tank, you load it with marbles ( or smooth stones) and roll them around in the tank. You can do the same thing with some simple green and roll the tank back and forth on the carpet for 30-45 minutes, but it is a workout!

I rolled the tanks that I used for my doubles up and down my driveway for about 20 minutes each. Helped take off all that loose paint on the tanks also.

onfloat:
If I can find some simple 3/4 inch pillow block bearings here on the island. I'm this close to finishing the one I'm building.
Depending on which component you're talking about, many folks use skateboard trucks & wheels for cheap, reliable and quiet idlers.

Roak

I *tried* making one but my motor was not strong enough (note: ceiling fan motors do not generate enough power to spin a coke bottle, much less a scuba tank) I ended up filling my steel tanks with crushed cinders and diluted simple green and rolled it back and forth across a carpeted room for 25 minutes. They turned out nice and sparkling.

Aloha, Tim

What dilution of Simple Green do you guys use when tumbling your tanks?

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom