Tumbling Steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamieZ

Reaction score
# of dives
My buddy set up a tank roller and were trying to figure out what grit size aluminum oxide is everyone using? Is there a better product to use then the aluminum oxide chips.

Here's the Global Home Page.

There is a bulletin on O2 cleaning tanks in their library. Tumbling media is mentioned. I recommend reading the whole thing, but here is an exerpt:
Ceramic pellets (GMC #42050) are more desirable than aluminum oxide chips because they generate relatively little gas production with citric cleaners. In addition, the uniform size and shape of ceramic pellets produces a very consistent, predictable cleaning action. Aluminum oxide nuggets vary greatly in size and coarseness and therefore have a somewhat more erratic activity, especially as the media becomes polished with use
P.S. Note that Global has a vested interest in the media you choose.

Fredt,
unfornantly I cant find the thread you speak of on diver link.

Manufacturer is Washington Mills. They sell ony through distributors.
material is SiC
shape is ACC (angle cut cylinder)
size is 3/16x3/8

If the post can be found contact numbers, product numbers, etc are in the thread, or you can chase Washington Millls through the Thomas Register site for contact info. The ONLY thing they'll do is give you a distributor in your area. Packaging of this stuff is in 50 pound cartons, enough to do two tanks at a time, and bulks about the size of a basketball per carton.

FT

Thanks for the help! I called Washington mills and left a message with their tech support department. Basically stated I was looking for a part # for SIC material Shape acc and gave them the size. Also asked for dealers in my area. Washington Mills ends up being only an hour away from me. Again thanks for the help!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom