Turks and Caicos Aggressor or Explorer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't go wrong with either

Cannot give an opinion on Aggressor as I have not been on that trip, but we did do the Turks with Explorer and thoroughly enjoyed that boat and trip:D.

I would think either would be great and if it were me I would probably choose the company I prefered most from previous trips and also I would have to factor in the price that each would cost. Just my 2 cents.

Oh forgot to mention, I am betting that you would get a lot of responses on this question if you posted it in the Liveaboards and Charters forum here.

We did the Explorer Turks Caicos and loved it! In fact we are planning another dive early next year with everyone I know signing up. Since the boats were right behind each other at the dock, I got to check both boats out. I liked the layout of Explorer a little better ( the cabins had a little more room ) but the Aggressor was pretty nice too. The diving is great so really I don't think you can go wrong.

We did the Explorer last May. One thing I just pointed out to someone else is that the "Deluxe" cabins in the Aggresor have upper/lower bunks while the Explorer's have twin beds. And a real window instead of a big porthole - I think the mid-range cabins on the Explorer are located a deck higher - ours was just down the hall from the lounge/dining room.
There were also two higher priced cabins a deck up behind the wheelhouse. No small Flatscreen in your room though on the Explorer.

For the week this fall they were going, either boat was priced at $2200.

Our room had enough storage underneath the bed and in a small dresser that I can't even recall if there was a closet - we never used it. There was also a desk/chair perfect for chargers etc. Bathroom was larger than I expected with a good sized counter for stuff. Shower was a little small but I'm 6'4' 255 so they all are.

They seem to basically do the same itinerary - twice during the week the Aggressor moored nearby. Since you only do NW Provo diving, West Caicos diving then out to French Cay. I was a little disappointed that Explorer didn't go to Turks - the map on their site highlights it so I thought we were. It appears that Aggressor only goes there on one trip duing the winter also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom