Turks and Caicos Food and Alcohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Montana Tom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wife and I are booked for the month of January at a private condo with full kitchen and have seen on TA forum that people suggest buying alcohol at airport duty free shops. Any advice about buying at Atlanta airport vs. some have said at PLS you can buy before going through customs. Also suggestions about bringing food as prices are high on Island. We generally cook almost all of our own meals and only eat out a few meals. Saves the budget so we can do a full month.

We have booked our car through Grace Bay Car Rental per advice from forum. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

people suggest buying alcohol at airport duty free shops. Any advice about buying at Atlanta airport vs. some have said at PLS you can buy before going through customs.
I don't think so because IIRC the duty-free is in the Departure Lounge past the Security Checkpoint so only available to outbound passengers.
After the security checkpoint is a bar, a duty-free jewelry shop, and three gift stores.
It's one of the "gift shops" on this map afaik - I probably browsed it waiting for my flight but it wasn't memorable for quantity/quality of selection:

provo.JPG

For market options - Graceway Markets - the store on Leeward is big, IDK about prices. Being Provo it's not going to be cheap...lol Can't buy alcohol on Sundays either. The stores are open every day.

The PLS airport is about 50 years old and overcrowded during most flight arrivals/departures - it's one of those where you still board the plane via steps from the tarmac. So it's not exactly a place to do much shopping.

When you're leaving listen carefully for your flight - they board them all thru about 3-4 gates next to each other and the announcements are quick and often accented. It seemed to us (group of 20) that most of our flights all left between noon-2:30 no matter which destination.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom