Turks early Nov., water temp.?, wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dallasM5

Reaction score
Saw someone posting about wetsuit thickness in Mexico over Christmas, so I thought I better ask a few questions about my upcoming trip to the Turks.

What can I expect for water temp.?

Will a wetsuit be needed and if so, what style and thickness? I was just planning on a 3 mm shorty, but I'm a little concerned.

Background: This will be our first dives since our checkout dives (done in freshwater around 73 degrees), so we are really newbies. I don't want to get there expecting it to be really warm and end up needing a 7 mm with a hood!

Also, anyone see any problems with us using Caicos Adventures considering our "newbie" status?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't dove TCI in November but I have in December and I used a 3mm shorty no problem. Just tell Fifi you are a relative newbie and he will definitely take care of you. There is always a DM in the water unless he feels that the group is experienced enough to let everyone do their own thing. There is always a DM available to guide the dive if requested by anyone. You can also "rent" a DM to give you personal one on one attention if you want it. You are gonna love the Caicos Adventure experience. The people and the boat are awesome.

Tim,

Thanks for that. It's exactly what I needed to hear! I was concerned that since CA is so well regarded on this board, that it would possibly be for hard core, highly experienced divers only and that we would be made to feel like 5th wheels. Sounds like that won't be an issue.

I think the "rental" DM on the first day might be a good idea.

Thanks again!

Ask for Asa. He's great! Very patient. Very attentive. Good sense of humor.

Dove there Dec 2001. Used a 3mm full. Water was 78 to 79 degrees. You should be fine in a 3mm shorty unless you plan on lots of repetetive dives.

Dave

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
Ask for Asa. He's great! Very patient. Very attentive. Good sense of humor.

Tim - I'm all set and we're going to use Asa on the first day to "get our feet wet". Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave - Thanks for the info. We're just doing 2 dives per day. Talked with another friend of mine with lots of Caribbean experience and he said that he wears a shorty on the 2nd dive of the day only during this time of the year. Based on lots or research, it looks like the water temp should be around 80-81. I think I'll wear my shorty on both dives to get started and see how I like it.

Thanks everyone!

Sooo jealous!

My wife, son and I will be diving with CA the first week of November also!! Small world. We are arriving in Provo next Thursday (10/30) and leaving on Nov 11. Have scheduled 15 dives with Fifi. We've done about 80+ dives in total over the past 5 years in Belize, Honduras, Cozumel, Hawaii and Florida. Don't worry about the "newbie" thing. We'll have a great time together. How many are in your party?

Greetings, I to will be in T&C the first week of November. I will be staying at the Beaches resort for a week. I will be doing the 3 tank dive on the 6th with Fifi. Hope to see you.

Greetings, I to will be in T&C the first week of November. I will be staying at the Beaches resort for a week. I will be doing the 3 tank dive on the 6th with Fifi. Hope to see you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom