Turquoise Bay Resort and airfares to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAIBdiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen 2 negative reports about Turquoise Bay after doing a search on this forum. Has anyone been there recently that had a good time there, enjoyed the food, the diving, the staff ect ? TB is running some sweet sounding specials.

Wow- airfares to Roatan $$$$$ !!! Wow

I looked at a fare on Delta from BWI to Roatan - $797 first week of Dec. So I thought fly BWI to San Pedro Sula American Airline $398 and then SAP to Roatan - $964 WHAT!!!

If I had the vacation time - would go back to the Philippines. Oh well - maybe Cozumel for girlfriends birthday in December.

I can't comment on the resort. As far as airfares, yes, it can be ridiculously expensive to go there. Part of this is due to supply and demand. There isn't a lot of supply. Only three international carriers service the island, United/Continental, Delta, and TACA.
In terms of cost, if you are getting a really low fare to San Pedro Sula, you might try flying there and then booking a TACAregional fare (TACA REGIONAL, Central America Airline) from San Pedro Sula to Roatan. The flights within Honduras are fixed price. Make sure you look at the total cost (including taxes) as well as any layover times. You may need to spend a night in San Pedro Sula. That's not great if you have only one week vacation and you lose extra days due to transfers.

It's a shame the prices are so high, but again that's supply and demand. Also, the Honduran government adds its share of taxes to the tickets. Plus you have departure fees you have to pay.

December is not ideal for Roatan. You're in the middle of the rainy season. It may not rain much or it may pour for days. I would definitely stay on the south side of the island at that time - or plan to stay with a resort that will take you diving on the south side. It's much easier on that side in December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom