Tusa 2100 BCD, Black (BCJ-2100)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazym0nkey89

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi has anyone used the Tusa 2100 BCD, Black (BCJ-2100) ..could anyone give me any reviews on this..because i am new to the diving sport and would like to get my own bcd for long term as well.would like to dive as a career too..

with regards,
CM

I don't own one but have used it before and I can't say that I found anything wrong with it. It was a comfortable BC and the dump valves and everything was located conveniently. One of the D-rings was broken though (which is probably not unusual for plastic D-rings) and of course the BC didn't have integrated weights. Other than that it's a perfectly good BC as far as I'm concerned.

I ended up buying a TUSA BCJ-5560 (Evolution Cubic) which just have a few more bells and whistles but are the same in many respects.

I'm becoming increasingly of the opinion that, of all the dive gear you use, the BC is the one item on which you don't need to spend a great deal of money. I'd much rather fork out extra for good regulators and buy a cheaper BC but others may differ from me. The thing is, if you're weighted properly and you dive correctly, you actually use your BC minimally.

At any rate, if you do plan on getting a BC for long term you might want to think about getting one with integrated weights, just makes donning and doffing your scuba gear a little quicker and easier. On the other hand, if you plan on making a career out of diving, this will probably not be your last BC and you may as well go for the cheapest one you can get.

Final comment, if you're going to spend a lot of money on a BC, maybe you'd want to take some time using rental gear so you can establish what type of BC you really want. Maybe you even prefer a backplate & wing over a BC. You don't want to discover that after you've forked out lots of dough for a BC which you end up not using or not liking.

hey Deefstes,

Thanks for the piece of info and advice dude..i really appreciate it alot..hey how's diving down in South Africa?

With Regards,
CM

No probs. South Africa has some pretty good diving sites with Sodwana, Protea Banks and Aliwal Shoal being some of the more popular ones. I believe there is good cold water diving to be had around Cape Town also but I've never dived there.

Close by in Mozambique there are plenty more outstanding dive spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom