TUSA Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TUSA is really a pretty good company. They were one of the first companies to allow sale by internet scuba stores. As a result of this, they became known more for the bottom (low price point) of their line, with little attention paid to the top part of their product line. As a dealer, I am very impressed with their top of the line merchandise. They have some regulators, BCs, and computers that are top grade and can be purchased for really modest prices.

As others have said, they are most famous worldwide for their rubber goods. Their masks, fins, snorkels, and such are really top shelf. If i'm not mistaken, I THINK they are the largest manufacturer of recreational and competitive swim gear in the world. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

cerich:
Scubapro makes their own regs in Italy, not far from the Mares and Cressi factories who also make their own.

Tusa has Scubapro make some of their regs for them, not the other way around.

Best,

Chris
I won't argue that SP regs are made in Italy, and they been made there since all US production ceased several years ago. I will however argue about who actually owns the production facilities.

The Tabata/SP relationship has been a very long standing one dating back to the Mk 5 in the 1970's. I have discovered that this relationship really pains many SP fans who seem to place the importance on the production facilities rather than the design work - which is entirely an Scubapro process. The usual response is to do as you have done and claim the relationship works the other way - that Scuabpro makes regs for TUSA.

The fact is that due to the relatively low volume of production involved in manufacturing scuba regulators, owning dedicated production facilities for only one brand of regulators does not really make econmic sense and that manufacturing agreements, and rebranding/licensing agreements allow for both centralization of resources and larger economies of scale. It's the reason there are a lot of scuba companies yet relatively few companies that actually manufactur scuba products.

I have the RS460 reg and it breathes really well, is dry in every position that I've put it in and will deliver the air. (as I understand it from a previous discussion with DA Aquamaster, this is essentially the same reg as the scubapro MK16/R390) I've used a couple of their BC's as rental. They were good and the weight integration was easy to use. These had been in rental for several years including pool use and still looked very good. The instructor that I use has had some of the lowest end regs Tusa makes for rentals for about three years and even though he checks them out 3 times a year he has yet to actually have to replace any parts. My gauges are Tusa and I have a pair of the xpert zoom split fins. They are great in the still water of a big quarry, but I don't know how they'll be in a current (I fear they may be a bit to flexible). I didn't end up with a Tusa BC but I got a really good deal on a Poseidon. I've personally had good luck with everything Tusa including a mask that I bought recently.

Tusa is what I started my wife with. A Ladies jacket bcd. She used it for two years and now dives a Zeagle Escape. Zeagle uses far superior goods to mfg. their products. She certainly prefers her Zeagle. Tusa had a very strange weight pocket system that released weights on several occasions.

Can anyone point me to some TUSA repair manuals/schematics online? R-400-100 1st Stgs and S-10-60 2nd Stgs?

I have only had experience with Tusa Computers and IQ700. I am not able to reccomend them to anyone. When I recieved them they didn't read depth until I got to 20 feet (2 Identical computers 2 serial numbers apart). I reset them they worked Ok (Kind of like windows rebooting lol) I took them to Florida on a trip and the one my son was wearing went nuts and errored out after he made a 2 hour surface interval at 35-80 feet. (Sitting on the boat it read any depth inbetween). Sent them back now have aeris computers.

Tabata have a ISO 9001 certified design, engineering, testing and manufacturing facilities in Japan and Taiwan, Tabata operates under the most stringent quality standards available.

They make very well engineered equipment and back it up with a lifetime warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom