Tusa Mask Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased a TUSA Freedom HD mask. From what few reviews I have been able to find it seems like a good mask. Has anyone used one of these and would you share your thoughts about it? Thanks.

It looks a lot like my XS Scuba Cortez, I also have a Tusa Visio. Not exactly a low volume mask, but if it fits well, use it. I have a head that very few masks will fit well and I have tried on every large mask at every dive shop I've ever been in and purchased lots on the internet hoping for a better fit. If cro-magnon man learned to dive....that's what my forehead looks like. If you have issues with the Tusa and want a larger mask, check out the Cortez. The strap adjustment on the Cortez is not like any I've ever seen and is very comfortable.

I also have an old style "rescue" diver mask (the one in the pic) Its huge, I look like a friggin hammer head shark, but it fits great and does not hit the bridge of my nose. Divemasters regularly tell me they have not seen one of those masks in 20 years...lol. Just takes two breaths to clear. I have no less than 15 masks, probably more. From $125 scuba pros to $10 internet specials and 4 or 5 I have no idea where they came from.

Larger masks catch more water upon entry so make sure you are holding it well. It may take more than one breath to clear. Like any other new mask, I flame the release agent off with a lighter and toothpaste clean it very well. I've never noticed any mask fogging up more than the other. The main thing is make sure you try it out before going on an expensive dive, preferably at depth, or at least have a proven backup with you. I've had masks that fit great in the store leak like the titanic or press on the bridge of my nose at depth to the point of misery.

Was there anything specific you wanted to know?

Thanks Jay. I was just wondering if anyone had used one before. I like the fit and feel of so far. It sealed very easily to my face at the shop (even with my mustache). I have high hopes that it turns out to be a great mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom