TUSA Platina Evolution & Zeagle Ranger feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are two completely different types of BC's. Zeagle ranger is a great back bouyency BC. It is a well-designed high quality item. I was also quite surprised with the Evolution. I never regraded TUSA a high quality scuba manufacturer, but the evolution is different. It is a very comfortable and well-made jacket style BC. You just have to decide what kind of BC you want to buy, back inflation or jacket-style. the Evolution will be the less expensive, but you shouldn't base your decision solely on the price.

... I have never tried the TUSA.... but I love my Zeagle Ranger in the limited time I have had to use it. (I bought it last Saturday...) Also... I started a thread to see what people thought of the Ranger.. it might be worth looking up, I got some good, solid, honest answers! :D

Kayla:)

I have a Ranger and it's a good BC, very good quality and is comfortable. On the down side, it's fairly bulky, heavy and really has more lift than I will ever need. Depending on your diving needs, one of the lighter Zeagles might actually be better. If you don't intend on diving doubles or need 45lbs of lift, I would suggest you look at the Escape (35lbs lift) or the Concept (44lbs). They are very similar in constuction to the Ranger but are much lighter and will cost less. The reduced weight is esp important if you are traveling by air. They are made of a little lighter material but there is no way you will ever wear any good BC out by diving it.

Thanks for your feedback and comments!

I bought the TUSA and my friend bought the Ranger - that way we will be able to really compare them and figure out what we like & don't like.

We are trying them out tomorrow and then later on this month in the Bahamas!

I'll let you know what we think!

Happy diving!

nk5 once bubbled...
I never regraded TUSA a high quality scuba manufacturer, but the evolution is different.

Tusa not a high quality manufacturer?? I always got the impression that they were one of the oldest and best.

I have the ranger and it is great and nice to dive with well built etc. That said it sucks for travel it is big bulky and and takes up allot of space.So I am looking at a BP and oxychec 30# wing for a travel setup. I got to get a lighter travel setup.

Back
Top Bottom