Tusa SAV7EVO2 Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alden

New
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Good day, recently purchased a new scooter and need to know general maintenance for O rings. For the main body orange and black O rings how often is silicone lube needed, I don't know if silicone grease needs to be lightly added every time the seal is opened to change out Lithium battery. At the prop housing contains two O rings, how often should those be lubricated to assure good seal. Purchased two Lithium batteries so the prop can be positioned at number 1 for more power, and not need to worry if the scooter will run out of power on second dive.

Don't use grease, it keeps dirt stuck on. I wipe the plastic seal area with a tiny amount of plastic safe silicone spray after many dives. Thousands of dives, (no kidding by the way) and never had a leak in one I closed. Do not let anyone else close them unless familiar with them. On rare occasion the orange o ring will get displaced and can be hard to put back in. Stick the o ring in a freezer to shrink it. Put a bit of white paint in the proper notch for the prop retainers so you always get it right. Look deep in the prop from the inside with a flashlight, that is where the first sign of a seal leak shows up. Pinching the orange o ring and using the wrong notch for the prop retainers causes most leaks! Wash them really really well, I leave them running in fresh water after each dive on low for 5 minutes to clean the heat radiation plate under the prop and pressure seal in the dome. They are a really comfortable scooter with both hands free for photography and spearfishing.

Don't use grease, it keeps dirt stuck on. I wipe the plastic seal area with a tiny amount of plastic safe silicone spray after many dives. Thousands of dives, (no kidding by the way) and never had a leak in one I closed. Do not let anyone else close them unless familiar with them. On rare occasion the orange o ring will get displaced and can be hard to put back in. Stick the o ring in a freezer to shrink it. Put a bit of white paint in the proper notch for the prop retainers so you always get it right. Look deep in the prop from the inside with a flashlight, that is where the first sign of a seal leak shows up. Pinching the orange o ring and using the wrong notch for the prop retainers causes most leaks! Wash them really really well, I leave them running in fresh water after each dive on low for 5 minutes to clean the heat radiation plate under the prop and pressure seal in the dome. They are a really comfortable scooter with both hands free for photography and spearfishing.
Thank you James for info. Have been running in large fresh water barrel after each daily use. When not being used should the unit be left open to relax seals or kept closed.

Can't say what others do but I keep mine closed up. Never had a problem. If you get a prop strike, usually from loose dive gear, and the prop gets wobbly, or twisted with fishing line, the seal can leak a bit. I service a few for friends and their leaks are usually from careless assembly or continuing to use a wobbly prop.

Back
Top Bottom