Tusa Xpert Zoom - stiff or regular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eran_coh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,
I read all the opinions regarding the Tusa Xpert Zoom split fins and decided to buy them.

Which one do you recommentd: the black - which are more stiff or the colored - which are the regular stiffness

I am also concered about the 27 degrees angle of the fin. How convenient are they when walking on a boat or for packing in the gear bag's fin pocket?
I am not a very experienced diver (100+ dives) and mostly dive in warm waters with mild currents

Thanks and a happy new year
Eran

We have the regular (colored) ones....seem plenty stiff. No problem on boats, they flex enough when you walk. I bought the "yum-yum-yellow" sometimes here that is all you can see through the water is the yellow!!

I have the blue and black fins and my wife has the yellow and black fins and I love them. They pack just fine and bend easily when you walk on a dive boat with them. I have over 200 dives on mine, both warm water and cold water and I really love them. I might be tempted to buy the stiffer fins as I am a big guy with good sized leg muscles and might appreciate the extra horsepower. I have never had leg cramps and while they are a little tight on my drysuit boots, they fit well over my wetsuit boots. You won't go wrong with them.

Unless you have a specific reason for wanting the added stiffness of the "Hard Black" I would suggest staying with the standard. (Plus you get the nice color choices...) We have lots of customers that use them, no issues packing or traveling we've heard of.

I have the all-black Zooms, and the Wife has the Blue-black. In our admittedly limited diving experience, we've honestly not really noticed much difference between them. I had read the same thing before buying, and basically got the "stiffer" ones on a whim to see if there was a difference or not.

I have the yellows and wore them for my first 60 dives. They are great for snorkeling and i will never wear them again with a tank on my back. Get a nice set of paddles, its worth it.

I have the all black Tusa X-pert zooms and absolutely love them. I've never used the 2 tone ones. As far as packing them in your bag, it won't be a problem. The curve of the fin is a non issue with boat dives, and when I do shore dives I put them on last so its a non issue as well. Good luck with your decision.

I have white/black & I did not find stiffness any different from the all black ones when I bought them!

Back
Top Bottom