Twin Lakes 5/3/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfbarry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any one going to Twin Lakes on May 3rd? My girlfriend will be doing an open water course there and I wouldn't mind doing a dive or two. Went to blue Lagoon last weekend , was a pretty cozy spot, dont, know what to expect from twin lakes except maybe a fish ?

Anyway, plans are tentative, just seein if anyone is happening to be heading down or need/wants a buddy or tag along

Do you remember what the temps were like at Blue Lagoon?

I've been to Twin Lakes once. There are a few fish, plenty of grass/weeds on the bottom and yes a few fish. It was rather dark & dingy compared to Blue Lagoon. Vis was poor at the time ~15 feet mabye?

If i remember Blue Lagoon was around 69-70 Degrees , I was wearing a 3mm and began to get cold after dive 3, luckily the ambient temps were in the mid to high 80's overall fun place, just a little far north of town for me.

If you find 15 feet viz at Twin Lakes, enjoy it because the norm is 5 to 10 feet, sometimes less.

Wow might be hard for an OW class to even qualify at Twin Lakes with depths like that. What dive shop is taking her there?

Wow might be hard for an OW class to even qualify at Twin Lakes with depths like that. What dive shop is taking her there?

I think they are referring to vis, not depth.

:smileysto

Oh god....thank you, I am a :dork2:

Actually , I know a few people who have been taking classes to the Comal River, which i hear is only about 15-20 feet deep ? Im looking at diving that next thursday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom