Twin Lakes ...Free Access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good deal that the fellow will allow our logo. My input into placement would be "visible without being obnoxious" about it.

I'm headed out to New Orleans for Rig diving (if Tom Vyles' curse don't bite us.....again) so I'll think of some ideas on placement to send to you folks. Plus some of the other swampsters are going with us so it will make for a good surface interval discussion.

Beast is cool with the 18/19 weekend. He'll bring his welding truck and weld/fabricate whatever needs doing. His welding machine has an AC/DC plug so power tools can be used!

One thing he did mention that I forgot about was the 19th is International Dive In day at Blue Lagoon in Huntsville. I'd much rather help a local spot get up to speed than spend the day with a couple hundred other people in a small dive spot! What I'm wondering is if we can't get whatever paperwork is involved to be counted in the total international count? Just a thought.

Thanks TPH for gathering all the details!

I'd like to help out and would be a good chance to meet some of ya'll. I'f you setting up a role call add my name to the list. Can the owner provide tanks or will I need to rent one

GD

Originally posted by GeekDiver
I'd like to help out and would be a good chance to meet some of ya'll. I'f you setting up a role call add my name to the list. Can the owner provide tanks or will I need to rent one

GD

I'm pretty sure you'll need to provide your own tank(s). There no air facilities at Twin Lakes so plan on bringing more than one tank if you need it.

DEE,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll put the 18/19 on my sched. Sounds like fun see ya there.

Good thinking Dee!I don`t see why we couldn`t enter the dive -in,it is supposed to take place all over the country, right?.I`ll let the owner know that Beast is going to bring his rig out.Too cool!

Sounds like a winner Mike.I don`t know where the logo would be better placed either.Sign out front,drive-up booth,float tanks,etc.

Ok..so far I have a list of people as follows:
Dee and Beast
GeekDiver
ColdWater
Mitch
lovetodive2
Odin
ScubaDuke...Is gona try to be there.

Oh ...Dee,great shot of you in the water.Amazing...no bubbles!

I am completly overwhelmed.Thanks ya`ll.

Hello all,

I would love to join in the fun but 18/19 is a busy weekend. I can't make Sat. but maybe Sun. if things go smoothly. If I show up I can help out a bit topside as my reg is in for it's annual and may not be ready in time to get wet.

I have been wanting to check this place out. Hope I can make it!

It was a wonderful day out at TWIN LAKES.From 8 am to 1pm,Odin,Nhi and I cut enough lumber to build an entire city or so it seemed.Odin got so hot and the water being so close was too much.All I heard was a big splash and a hugh sigh of relief.We got the large float plat done and it will be shoved in tommorrow.
:)
The extra large sub plat will also be launched if all goes well.Mike has enough material to fab up at least half of another one so I`m sure Beast will have more than enough to work on.
lovetodive2 came out and looked the place over and well I`ll leave that open for her to comment on.
Odin and I finally hit the water at 3pm and checked out the Blue Bird motor coach.Awsome and thrilling esp. after a 3-4 lb kitty came out of a cabinet right in my face..:eek:
Water temp was great.About 78 with vis a good 30 ft.thermo was around 55 at 20 to 25 ft.Checked out several boat wrecks and more fishies than you could count There were 2 groups of students out thier doing the O.W.I talked with one of the Padi instructors and he had nothing but good things to say about conditions.It was great meeting lovetodive2 and I am looking forward to the !8/19 weekend.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom