Twin Lakes Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Stay AWAY! The owner "Mike" is an idiot! the place is a mud-hole, he is rude, visibility sucks and when we were there; there was some ********* shooting a gun. There are a LOT of drugs (in plain site!) and most of them are drunks. Purley white trash. It is unfortunate that this was a bad experience however, I would rather go to Athens Scuba Park then endure this dump... If you like being around: drinks, druggies and fowl language trash with substandard (poor) diving then this is your place.

If you really believe there are "LOT of drugs (in plain site!)", I would hope you have reported this to the police.

We did and they are keeping an eye on him. The police officer wanted us to file a disorderly conduct charge on the owner, however we did not want to be bothered; decided to just stay away.

Stay AWAY! The owner "Mike" is an idiot! the place is a mud-hole, he is rude, visibility sucks and when we were there; there was some ********* shooting a gun. There are a LOT of drugs (in plain site!) and most of them are drunks. Purley white trash. It is unfortunate that this was a bad experience however, I would rather go to Athens Scuba Park then endure this dump... If you like being around: drinks, druggies and fowl language trash with substandard (poor) diving then this is your place.

Perhaps you could give us more detail to express your point.

In what way was the owner rude? Could you give us an example?

That's very sad. Twin Lakes used to be a great place to dive. Mike was always extremely helpful and personable when we were there.

He is probably just bitter over what happened to his scuba park. A few years ago it was a decent place with 10 foot or more viz. He decided to put some money into it, built new docks, covered shelters, gate station, etc. and then something happened with the water table. The lake lost 20 feet of water, became a mud pond with little or no viz, divers quit going there and shops quit taking classes there, and his once promising scuba park was completely decimated.

It started getting bad out there last summer. The lake level was low and the viz was about 6ft. I really got tired of the loud Mexican music playing while trying to hold conversations. He only charged swimmers $5 to get in and divers he charges somewhere around $12. Charging $5 for anyone swimming this will sure bring in the undesirables. I went out there last weekend just to take a look and the level has went down even further. Things that used to be underwater are now visible from the surface. Looks like I am using 288 Lake this coming up summer. They charge everyone $15. This should keep all the rift-raft out.

Perhaps you could give us more detail to express your point.

In what way was the owner rude? Could you give us an example?

I would like to give more detail however, it is not aproporiate for SB as he has a fowl mouth. He even had an altercation with a patron the same day at the convienence store closest to the property. I talked to the police and they wanted me to file charges on him for disorderly conduct. I think that is enough said, people need to judge for themselves. I typically am not comfortable around people that do drugs, curse in front of children and as stated here from another poster the loud music. He warrants no more of my time to discuss. People are forwarned they can take it or leave it.

...as he has a fowl mouth.

*giggle* I just had this image of a guy telling non-stop 'why did the chicken cross the road?' jokes... or maybe he ate Tweety Bird!
But I know what you were trying to say: a foul mouth the man did have.

(Sorry - my inner editor couldnt let that one slide.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom