Twin Lakes Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really sad to hear this. The first 2-3 years the lake was open we spent almost every weekend there as well as Wed. afternoon for night diving. There was a regular group of 10-15 who showed up regularly, it was alot of fun. Mike had his bad moments but was generally very good natured. When he dropped his price for the swimmers, we tried to tell him the types of people he would attract. His answer was he had to try to make up for what he was losing when the divers quit showing up.

I guess it's a combination of things to change things so drastically. It's a shame. It was a very nice place with lots of potential at one point.

*giggle* I just had this image of a guy telling non-stop 'why did the chicken cross the road?' jokes... or maybe he ate Tweety Bird!
But I know what you were trying to say: a foul mouth the man did have.

(Sorry - my inner editor couldnt let that one slide.)

FUNNY!!! I should have edited b4 I posted ...

I have been there & I agree about the mud pit. Not good viz. Have friends visting Mamoth Lakes (on 288 near Lake Jackson) & they tell me it is much better & nicer than the older Twin Lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom