Twinkies No More!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Now what am I supposed to do for an after dive dessert? :idk:
Hostess closed it's doors and there has been a rush on all the remaining Twinkies at all stores.
Prices for Twinkies on Ebay are unbelievable. :shocked2:

Good bye Ho-Ho's, good bye Ding-Dong's, good bye cupcakes. :(

e7e2e5yp.jpg

memapare.jpg

u9apupyp.jpg

Bakers Union refuses to concede anything. Outrageous demands force company into excessive cost structure and competitive disadvantage. 18,000 people are now out of work. Way to go, Baker's Union.

While I feel bad for the workers, that company has been failing for quite a while...two bankruptcy restucturings? I say good riddance to a "food" with no socially redeeming characteristics. This company contributed to the obesity and diabetes problems plaguing this country.

no-twinkies.jpg

None of these foods are going anywhere. They'll just have a different "Made By" name on the wrappers. The eBay prices are both hilarious ($100+ box of Twinkies?!) and scary (do that many people with $100 to blow on snack foods really not understand how sale of assets in bankruptcy works?).

There are plenty of Twinkies wannabes, There was only 1 real Twinkies.

Ding Dongs were always my favorite.

I heard about their troubles last summer and bought a couple boxes since the kids had never had them before.

They weren't all that...

18000 more people living off of us thanks to a union. I don't get it, turn down an 8% pay cut which will get 4% back in two years and instead vie for the 100% pay cut. Good head work on somebodies part.

None of these foods are going anywhere. They'll just have a different "Made By" name on the wrappers. The eBay prices are both hilarious ($100+ box of Twinkies?!) and scary (do that many people with $100 to blow on snack foods really not understand how sale of assets in bankruptcy works?).
Actually the fact that they are selling for $100 per box on Ebay should make it a better selling point to any potential buyers of the the assets and branding.
You are 100% correct, I don't believe these products will not disappear from the market like Dacor did they will just be made by Drakes or some other manufacturer of baked goods.

...This company contributed to the obesity and diabetes problems plaguing this country.

Yep, Hostess forced everyone to eat these things in excess. Personal eating habits or lack of will had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
I don't like government intervention in telling us what to eat. But honestly, the food they were selling was crappy, bad for you, not very tasty and an expensive habit. Their sales have been down for years. Maybe where is are seeing are the desperate death throws of a company that failed to adapt to the evolving market. The fact that a few addicts and nostalgic types are willing to pay high prices on ebay is inconsequential. If you believe in the capitalistic system like I do, the strong will survive unless the government screws it up, not a factor here.. They are not the strong. In Texas, we can deep fry anything and the loss of Twinkies is not the end of the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom