Two Mile Creek Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
Long time no talk to. I went up to my cove at Two Mile Creek. Did some dry suit diving. Only went to 24-26 ft. diving solo just getting back in tune for the season. Water was about 59-62degrees at depth. Got some ankle weights at DS in Marietta to keep my legs down. Hood too tight, got a Henderson H2 7/5 on order too. Other than that, had a great time. Saw a 2lb. catfish at about 20ft.
No one else there, cool and windy.
Going back in a few weeks.

Typical Lanier, 5-10 ft. It's much more quite and peaceful and FREE at Two Mile Creek Park than at West Bank. I know folks probably laugh at me about my fondness for this place, but for diving from shore it can't be beat at Lanier.

Impressive video! That is some good vis, especially for Lanier. Where is Lower Overlook in relation to Two Mile Creek Park? Which I believe is on the NW part of the Lake from what I remember. It's near Cumming and Dawsonville. I would like to do some dives there at Lower Overlook since I usually stay around 40ft. at Two Mile since the vis really drops off the deeper I go there.

Impressive video! That is some good vis, especially for Lanier. Where is Lower Overlook in relation to Two Mile Creek Park? Which I believe is on the NW part of the Lake from what I remember. It's near Cumming and Dawsonville. I would like to do some dives there at Lower Overlook since I usually stay around 40ft. at Two Mile since the vis really drops off the deeper I go there.

Lower over look is just on the other side of Buford Dam from West Bank Park. (that is the south east side of the dam)

Curious, diving that close to Buford Dam is there a danger of a sudden current when the dam is running water through it or is this something that never is a problem for whatever reason?

Also how close and ease of entry is the water to where I would get in and get my gear on? Also how close is the 70ft depth to shore?

Thanks!

Curious, diving that close to Buford Dam is there a danger of a sudden current when the dam is running water through it or is this something that never is a problem for whatever reason?

Also how close and ease of entry is the water to where I would get in and get my gear on? Also how close is the 70ft depth to shore?

Thanks!

no you are a good distance from te dam gates . You may notice a little currant but vary minimal. the entry point is a bit of a walk from the parking lot and you have to step down the bank a little . the shore line slopes pretty quickly down to 45' - 50' and the there is a drop off at some pints and the slopes down to 70'+. It does not take long to hit 70' (going North to North west,and if you go West fallowing the shore you can stay some what level) ther are some lines down to fallow to some of the things that have been located . joe8mofo would be a good guide give him a PM . he has helped to lay a lot of the lines . it is a little work to get down to and back up but I think the good viz is worth the effort. Just take your time going down and coming bach and all well be good

Last edited:
I would have to haul everything down there first before getting suited up in my dry suit at the waters edge so I wouldn't overheat. I guess I should invest in a nylon strap tank carrier since I don't want my 95cu. ft. steel tank(heavy!) carried on my shoulder to cause me to trip and fall down the slope. LOL.

I am really wanting to get into some decent vis 70+ ft. depth water before I do my PADI AOW dives(finally) this summer at ABWA in Pelham with Divers Supply.
The deepest I've been since my OW in the 80s was in the 50+ ft. depth range in the Jetties Pass in Panama City Beach, Fla.
It's really almost too hot now to dive dry unless I could get and out early enough before the sun rises high enough to really heat me up.
I have a 7mm wetsuit that I may have to go to.

You guys have been great! I'll be touch soon.

Thanks!

---------- Post added May 4th, 2012 at 10:06 AM ----------

I've got to get my 95cu. ft. steel tank VIP'd this next week, due in May. Dive Dive Dive in L'ville will do it while I wait on Tues.

Would you, joe8mofo, be up for a dive next Sat.the 12th at Lower Overlook? Your video and your description has my got my interest way up in seeing this place with this kind of vis, especially being able to get to 70 ft. fairly close to shore.
Let me know and I'd love to get your tour of this site!

Here is my cell # 678-646-2139

Thanks,
John

Back
Top Bottom