Two Noobs Report on Bonaire...In Detail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That'll teach me to send you photos. :)

Nope:no: That one was evidence I collected on my own! :D

Just couldn't pass up a shot of nitrox and 70's two hose. Bad enough you're using buoyancy control, and no "J" valve Herman!:wink:

This is what that two hose rig is supposed to look like: all black, no BCD, or SPG. A "J" valve, just in case you miss judged you comsumpion, instead of the hassle of monitoring your air pressure thrughout the dive. Weighting was much more fun then too, grabbing rocks, or crawled along the bottom if you got them wrong for that dive. Those were the days!

My buddy filled her rig out better too!:D

oldscuba0002-1.JPG

Do not forget the BIG leg knife was also mandatory with a rig like that

Actually, that's a 60's reg with a 08 upgrades and no BC but I do have an spg on it, although I would be happy with a J valve if the dive shop had them.

Cool Photos guys..Sorry for the Hijack!

Love the cans of Bud on the dock Jim..empties??!!!

Gotta stop looking at the Bon threads..killing me when I dont have a trip in the works!

Actually, that's a 60's reg with a 08 upgrades and no BC but I do have an spg on it, although I would be happy with a J valve if the dive shop had them.

Herman. I just checked. My old tank was in the barn that lightning took out in 05. "J" valves a bit tarnished but really looks OK. Light polishing w/ Semichrome should perk it up. Let me pull it off the tank and check it out Herman. It's yours if you want it
See you had the shot pulled? Didn't know one could do that, but then I probably should have asked before posting it. My bad.

Actually, Drewpy, I think the thread already got hijacked.
And no, tho ideas about diving and drinking were a LOT more lax in 1970 I have no memories of those Buds being present until I came across 2 photos from my Y check out dive many years later.

Last edited:
SB is acting weird again. Now the photo is back in my post :shakehead::banghead:

And I do stand corrected, Herman. You certainly were not using buoyancy of any type on that rig. I just can't focus past the nitrox and double hoses! :rofl3:

Are there any sharks around Bonaire? Never seem to hear anyone mention them and a lot of stories about shore dives at night which would indicate that there isn't a shark problem for shore divers. Is this correct?

Last year we went in April and seen a 5 foot nurse shark. Previous year we saw a 2 foot baby black tip reef shark.

Don't let Herman kid you; it's hard to miss him too! :D

LOL! I'll keep my eyes open for a real tall guy but that BRIGHT yellow double hose reg will be easy to spot too.

As for me, I don't know how to tell you to spot me. I'm average size and have average looking gear. I guess if you hear some called "Bob" you can just ask if it's Bob from Kentucky. :confused:

Last year we went in April and seen a 5 foot nurse shark. Previous year we saw a 2 foot baby black tip reef shark.

From what I've read, that's the exception rather than the rule but I have my fingers crossed that I see, or better yet, get a pic of one.

Two weeks from today my family and arrive for a week of diving. All of this discussion and the great pictures have me very excited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom