Typhoon 16 arriving soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Well, by all accounts typhoon 16 is headed towards us. It's supposed to be the most dangerous typhoon for a long time. We've just finished clearing away all the loose stuff outside and we have good storm shutters. ETA for our area is about 3 a.m. (Japan localtime). At present we are just on the northern edge of it and the wind is beginning to pick up. I'll keep you posted.

I've just seen a weather report. This one is bringing down earthquake resistant concrete telephone poles!!!:11:

Here's a picture. This link should update hourly: Typhoon 16. 'Chaba'

sat-japan.jpg

good luck... batten down those hatches!

jagfish:
Yup
This one already stuck a fork in my diving today and tomorrow...
This one had me out of the water since Thursday already - the waves have been at 2.5 meters since then.

I hope you are okay down there Kim.

We dived Atami Saturday and Sunday. Conditions were ok. Not too big waves but vis wasn't very good, 5-6 meters. Most sites in nishiizu were closed. Probably no diving tomorrow in Atami.

Thomas

TJO:
I hope you are okay down there Kim.

We dived Atami Saturday and Sunday. Conditions were ok. Not too big waves but vis wasn't very good, 5-6 meters. Most sites in nishiizu were closed. Probably no diving tomorrow in Atami.

Thomas

Dang
I was reconsidering having a dive with you guys on Sunday, but was sure that it would be a "no go" with the weather. You guys dive in any conditions!

jagfish:
Dang
I was reconsidering having a dive with you guys on Sunday, but was sure that it would be a "no go" with the weather. You guys dive in any conditions!

No. We only dive when conditions are acceptable and it is safe to dive. Tokyo Scuba was in Atami with 11 divers Sat/Sun, and some Japanese clubs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom