Typhoon 16 arriving soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck from Guam (you helped me out with a website question a while back)....that one went through here about a week ago, but missed us to the north, and didn't cause us any real problems. The last BIG one (Pongsona) about 1 1/2 years ago knocked down 700 of those concrete poles you referred to....my house did ok, but I was without water 11 days (except rain water), no power 5 weeks, no phone 4 months, and no cable TV (aarrggghhh!!!) for 6 1/2 months! I think you'll do a lot better than that in Japan! (I used to live in Osaka). We've got another typhoon about 1000 miles/1600 km to the east at the moment, hoping it misses us too.

Iruka:
Good luck from Guam (you helped me out with a website question a while back)....that one went through here about a week ago, but missed us to the north, and didn't cause us any real problems. The last BIG one (Pongsona) about 1 1/2 years ago knocked down 700 of those concrete poles you referred to....my house did ok, but I was without water 11 days (except rain water), no power 5 weeks, no phone 4 months, and no cable TV (aarrggghhh!!!) for 6 1/2 months! I think you'll do a lot better than that in Japan! (I used to live in Osaka). We've got another typhoon about 1000 miles/1600 km to the east at the moment, hoping it misses us too.

Now that's hammered!

Yeah....winds 180mph (300 km/hr) or so (I think they say it in meters/second in Japan...converted out to 82meters/second). Cars upside down, just a mess. Sea Cucumbers (namako) and fish on the roads...sidewalks & some roads destroyed by waves. Not much fun.

If I get around to it, sometime I might put some of the typhoon photos on my website....there's one which has 3 or 4 cars all piled on top of each other in the corner of a parking lot...

Well Good Morning.
So far so good. We should be coming into the red area in a couple of hours. The red area is going to completely cover Kyushu with this one - I've never seen it cover such a large area before. Fukuoka province is expecting 500-700mm of rain, so I believe the people down by the river by us have been evacuated to the school gym. This one is moving really slowly - only about 29kmh or so. Wind speed at present 40 m/s.
At least they gave me the day off work!
Pity I can't go diving.:D At least my internet is still up.

Good luck and keep safe!

Just be glad you don't live on Miyakojima, that has a history of getting the worst typhoons in history...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom