U pay to give companies free advertising?

Would you pay for a branded t-shirt?

• Yes, I don't mind paying if I like the brand.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No, but would wear it if it was free.

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No, and I would not wear it even if it was free.

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well....wearing it isn't so much the issue, I guess, as paying for the privilege.To me it just seems back to front. People pay $30 or more for a shirt that prolly costs $5 to make, and it carries a logo (lets say a brand of dive gear), which is advertising.

If I was selling XX brand gear and someone spent upwards of $500, to me, chucking in a $5 t-shirt would scream cheap advertising.

While I still have no problem with purchasing a shirt, your last statement also makes complete sense *and* would make me very happy!

How 'bout on the front window?? Maybe with a photo of my carpet arse to go with it!! :mooner:

burna, I know they were mean to you and stuck a sticker on your tank, but I think it is a bit unfair for you to destroy their business by sticking your carpet arse on their front window :(

I'm half tempted to go to the shop now and see if my tanks get molestered by stickers too, haven't had a good whinge at a dive shop lately. :popcorn:

So I only own 2 dive shirts. Both are from Whites. I have got some interesting looks because people don't understand that it is a scuba manufacturer(this part of why I liike them). I took a trip to Victoria BC and dove with the sales rep and visited the factory. I think paid 10 bucks a shirt and bought them at the factory. They are nicely made and are bamboo not cotton.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom