UAE West Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was s DPV necessary?
Probably not, but it made exploration easier.

Mariam Express was Plan B, our first choice had to be abandoned due to floating containers from the wreck we were heading for and that one only sank a week ago. CG gave a warning not to go near it and Mahmoud didn't want to risk his boat.

Back at the Bridge this morning with my buddy Vanjie.

Spotted three seahorses well camouflaged in the open rubble areas as well as over 20 Headshield Slugs Chelidonura livida and what I think is a Rostanga sp.

All the seahorses were laying down, not dead as I observed their gills working, probably just tired and shagged out after a heavy gallop!

Chelidonura livida

Slug Sex

?Rostanga sp.

1hr 52min dive, water temps 23-24C

Back at the Bridge this morning with my buddy Vanjie.

Spotted three seahorses well camouflaged in the open rubble areas as well as over 20 Headshield Slugs Chelidonura livida and what I think is a Rostanga sp.

All the seahorses were laying down, not dead as I observed their gills working, probably just tired and shagged out after a heavy gallop!

Chelidonura livida

Slug Sex

?Rostanga sp.

1hr 52min dive, water temps 23-24C
The last one actually looks like a Dendrodoris - possibly fumata

Back at the Bridge again today testing a scooter with my buddy Chloe and behold we came across a Chromodoris cazae :D

Still lots of headshield slugs around as well as a toadfish hiding in a small crevice.

Water temp 25C

Had a very relaxed 96 minute dive at the bridge yesterday morning, cut short really because the tide was going out.

Only found one seahorse though

Water temp increasing though to a nice 26C, almost time to move to the 3mm, however as my granny used to say "n'er cast a clout till May is out"

Another long dive at the Bridge this morning with two seahorses found, the second of which was taking a ride inside some "tumbleweed" in the mild current.

Water temp still 26C

Also found an Elysia marginata on some algae.

Back to the Bridge again today armed with the 105mm lens and the +10 diopter to get this shot of a Goniodoridella sp., that we spotted yesterday, but the 60mm with a +5 diopter didn't make the grade.

Another view

Found seven seahorses too :D

Where are the pics?????
On SmugMug 🤣

Not all of them were easily photographed as I was using the 105 lens yesterday.

Here's one of them

Six seahorses this morning :yeahbaby: at least three pregnant males

Also found a small ray and a few more Limenandra fusiformis

Water temp 26/27C, perhaps time to slip into my 3mm :D

Back
Top Bottom