For Sale UDS-1 Triple Scuba Tank Setup w Scubapro Regulator Excellent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

US Divers and most all the dive companies had three levels and three price sheets
Retail, dealer and jobber
I posted prices from the retail price sheet
I didn't see that mentioned. Would help to clarify your self.

View attachment 493510 View attachment 493510 View attachment 493510
Selling my UDS-1 Triple Scuba Tank Setup, from what I understand there were only 200 of these ever made. Tanks were inspected and tested 6 years ago, I have been diving it until last year, best breathing setup I have ever dove. Modifications improvements were made to fix the problems from the manufacture, the aluminum connection block for the regulator was replaced by a solid brass connection block that now allows to hook up bcd inflator hose,an octopus / backup regulator, and your main reg, also the aluminum refill connector was removed and replaced by a tank valve to allow easy refill, the aluminum parts that came with these units were really junk and would strip out quite easily. All the replaced parts are made from solid brass and were professional machined. There is a Scubapro R109 Fully Adjustable Regulator attached which is the same as the newer plastic G250 and they use the same parts kits, octopus is a Mares. The original pressure gauge was removed so I could attach my dive computer, I did just attach a hose to show how it looks and how it is arranged in the pictures. The original straps are included and in excellent usable shape. The original bolts / nuts to connect the straps and the inside aluminum tanks bands were lost shipping this back after using it. Its quite easy to hookup a back plate and use a wing or horse collar to dive this setup. Regs will need to be serviced prior to usage and the tanks are due for inspection, manifold / valves were removed to bring this onto the airplane. The case is in excellent condition for it's age, there is a small chip on the top of the case below the handle, happened from loading onto the plane. Case does have some nicks and other signs of use, the original logo / stickers are on it and not reproductions. I have always used car wax on the outside and inside of the case to protect the paint. Hoses are are all in good usable condition, no cracking or dry rott. I've always thoroughly cleaned rinsed and waxed this after each use. Stored in a non smoking home. Selling $1200.00 or Best Offer. Buyer pays shipping & insurance, valves have to be removed before shipping, will require 2 perhaps 3 boxes to ship. Buyer is welcome to pickup, I only Accept Cash &Paypal, Sorry No Shipping Services / No Checks. Setup can be viewed here Scuba Tanks UDS-1 Triple Scuba Tanks Rare

Selling my UDS-1 Triple Scuba Tank Setup, from what I understand there were only 200 of these ever made. Tanks were inspected and tested 6 years ago, I have been diving it until last year, best breathing setup I have ever dove. Modifications improvements were made to fix the problems from the manufacture, the aluminum connection block for the regulator was replaced by a solid brass connection block that now allows to hook up bcd inflator hose,an octopus / backup regulator, and your main reg, also the aluminum refill connector was removed and replaced by a tank valve to allow easy refill, the aluminum parts that came with these units were really junk and would strip out quite easily. All the replaced parts are made from solid brass and were professional machined. There is a Scubapro R109 Fully Adjustable Regulator attached which is the same as the newer plastic G250 and they use the same parts kits, octopus is a Mares. The original pressure gauge was removed so I could attach my dive computer, I did just attach a hose to show how it looks and how it is arranged in the pictures. The original straps are included and in excellent usable shape. The original bolts / nuts to connect the straps and the inside aluminum tanks bands were lost shipping this back after using it. Its quite easy to hookup a back plate and use a wing or horse collar to dive this setup. Regs will need to be serviced prior to usage and the tanks are due for inspection, manifold / valves were removed to bring this onto the airplane. The case is in excellent condition for it's age, there is a small chip on the top of the case below the handle, happened from loading onto the plane. Case does have some nicks and other signs of use, the original logo / stickers are on it and not reproductions. I have always used car wax on the outside and inside of the case to protect the paint. Hoses are are all in good usable condition, no cracking or dry rott. I've always thoroughly cleaned rinsed and waxed this after each use. Stored in a non smoking home. Selling $1200.00 or Best Offer. Buyer pays shipping & insurance, valves have to be removed before shipping, will require 2 perhaps 3 boxes to ship. Buyer is welcome to pickup, I only Accept Cash &Paypal, Sorry No Shipping Services / No Checks. Setup can be viewed here Scuba Tanks UDS-1 Triple Scuba Tanks Rare

SD...

The UDS-1 was nice...I like the look of this much better...

The 1800 PSI steel oxygen cylinders are from 1950 (two) 1951 (one)...the USD Tri-Manifold is from 1957...

The tanks re-hydro'd out perfectly...like brand new inside...I cleaned them up a bit on the outside and re-finished them with satin-black Krylon...they're dimple bottom so they're free standing...

I completely rebuilt and updated the DA Aqua-Master with parts from Bryan at ''Vintage Double Hose''...I black powder coated the cans...

With this kit...I use a ScubaPro Night Hawk BCD...with the cam-band choked down and attached to the center tank...

Approx. 90 cu ft at 2000 PSI...

The drilled...vintage...Vegas Dice made perfect size bottom band tank spacers...since this photo was taken...the original top band was located...polished and installed with new fasteners...

No way of knowing how many of these left that are restored and fully operational...can't be many...

Depending on where the tanks are positioned on your back...WOB...ranges from fair...to like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose...

Not much on practicality by today's standards but ''cool as hell'' visually...kind of ''Rat Rod''...

Dive Safe...

Warren
DSCF1002.JPG

I was always facinated by these. The cool factor was awesome, but that was so very much the point of JYC and made for the Camera like much of the rest of the gear. The wetsuits, the DPVs and lights... all had the movie like flair by design.

I can't find the article right now, but the original ones used by Cousteau were a little different IIRC from memory. They had 4 cylinders, 1x2x1 with the center two being shorter, and higher working pressure at inception. They were welded titanium and 5000psi, but one let loose while filling and they reduced working pressure to something like 3000. Anyone have a link to that article and the pics?

The criticisms I've heard are of the regulator built into the manifold, the inability to replace cylinders if needed (obsolete), and the trapped water inside the housing posing inertial drag leaving it fine for DPV use, but a PITA to swim. I once was considering making one up using LP27s and a Lola manifold inside an original housing. Might still one day...

That said, I've ALWAYS wanted one and still do! I'm out this round as I'm still spending on configuring my RB, but this is a truly historical and iconic piece. Good luck with the sale!!

Pardon Sir,
I was on my phone at that exact second, and was NOT looking at a US Divers Catalog. Evidently it was Sears. Since they were selling the AquaMaster and the Royal AquaMaster, it had to be from 1966-1972. My apologies.

@Soup Sammich

Posted;
Pardon Sir,
I was on my phone at that exact second, and was NOT looking at a US Divers Catalog. Evidently it was Sears. Since they were selling the Aqua Master and the Royal Aqua Master, it had to be from 1966-1972. My apologies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Very interesting !
I appreciate your input and reply

Every year I am a presenter for the SLO Co UW S&R Divcon and occasionally present at The SCUBA Show In Long Beach, California

Last years program titled Way before Amazon - Sears., Wards & Pennys was the result of about 23 years of intensive research and collecting of catalogs associated data and numerous personal contact with company officials

My program based on this research and collecting revealed that the three retailers spread the gospel of recreational diving to the hinterlands via their spring and/or summer catalogs
Sears -- 1956 to 1964
Wards -- 1957 to 1965
Pennys - 1971- 1974

I am unaware that Sears marketed US divers Aquamaster and at such a reduced price of $52.50 versus the established US Divers Catalog price of $114.95 or $134,95

I am rather slow talking , slow walking and certainly slow thinking so let me do some math
You stated the regulator were available in a Sears catalog at $52.50
US Diver catalog price ==$114.95 -$52.50== $62.54
US Diver catalog price ==$134,95- $52.50 == $82.45

Wow ! Sears was a savings in all models of the regulator was well over 50 percent -- Now we understand why Sears is closing stores

Sam Miller, III

@Soup Sammich

Posted;
Pardon Sir,
I was on my phone at that exact second, and was NOT looking at a US Divers Catalog. Evidently it was Sears. Since they were selling the Aqua Master and the Royal Aqua Master, it had to be from 1966-1972. My apologies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Very interesting !
I appreciate your input and reply

Every year I am a presenter for the SLO Co UW S&R Divcon and occasionally present at The SCUBA Show In Long Beach, California

Last years program titled Way before Amazon - Sears., Wards & Pennys was the result of about 23 years of intensive research and collecting of catalogs associated data and numerous personal contact with company officials

My program based on this research and collecting revealed that the three retailers spread the gospel of recreational diving to the hinterlands via their spring and/or summer catalogs
Sears -- 1956 to 1964
Wards -- 1957 to 1965
Pennys - 1971- 1974

I am unaware that Sears marketed US divers Aquamaster and at such a reduced price of $52.50 versus the established US Divers Catalog price of $114.95 or $134,95

I am rather slow talking , slow walking and certainly slow thinking so let me do some math
You stated the regulator were available in a Sears catalog at $52.50
US Diver catalog price ==$114.95 -$52.50== $62.54
US Diver catalog price ==$134,95- $52.50 == $82.45

Wow ! Sears was a savings in all models of the regulator was well over 50 percent -- Now we understand why Sears is closing stores

Sam Miller, III

Attachments

• E97A051F-02FC-407C-8B04-B33C48891E93.jpeg
    E97A051F-02FC-407C-8B04-B33C48891E93.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 128
Legends and others...

Everything was far less expensive back then...if you go back far enough...you could have bought Louisiana for a bag of beads...

$100...weekly take-home pay...was a fortune...my new 1969 Roadrunner was $2900....

Half a weeks pay...for a dive regulator...$52.50...that was two weeks worth of groceries...

Small prices in old magazines/ads...any old magazines and ads...is not earth shattering...

Some old ''tear-down'' houses on postage stamp size lots in Toronto are currently selling for over a million dollars...''buyers must be nuts''...

These same houses sold ''new'' after WWII for $3000...

You're welcome to go back to that period and pay $52.50 for a scuba regulator...it's all relative...

Warren

@W W Meixner
Have you been outside I the cold with out your parka . Sorrells and your tuque (SP aka Stocking cap)?? You are very knowledgeable intelligent.. One who I certainly appreciate

May I refer you to post #17
Good ole @Soup Sammich stated
'1972 US Divers catalog had 72s for $52.50"

I would also remind you of my reply post # 18. which indicated I had consulted my US Diver catalogs and
"....1972 US Divers catalog- pages 6, 7, 8 7 & 9
Single 53-- $102.95 to $117.95
Singe 72-- $114.95 to 134.95
Price variation depended on valve type and cylinder finish..."

Then post # 24 @Soup Sammich was posting while on the telephone amd changed it to
"... NOT looking at a US Divers Catalog. Evidently it was Sears. Since they were selling the Aqua Master and the Royal Aqua Master, it had to be from 1966-1972."

And in post #26 he posted his source a 1960s Sears catalog illustrating HEALTHWAYS equipment

Now are you up to the current posting ?

By the way I lije your triples !

SAM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Soup Sammich
Just a for instance. And now, of course, I can’t locate the other page.
Knowledge is power.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apparently have considerably more knowledge and power than you will ever posses

FYI== Sears diving catalogs - 1956 - 1964

1956--- JC Higgins regulator - a rebranded US Diver (Aqua Lung to you) regulator
(considered very rare and very collectable, there fore VERY pricey )
1957--US Diver regulator - last US Diver regulator and no more rebranding
Only two years US Diver's equipment appeared in Sears Catalog

From 1957 to the last Sears summer or spring catalog devoted to recreational diving to 1964 the SCUBA equipment was either German Draeger for two years or American Healthways...No US Divers (Aqua Lung) equipment
I hope the clarifies the misunderstanding and @Soup Sammich has gleaned just a little about dive history - which should be preserved - but correctly

I consider the matter closed - I have some dive research to dive into

Dr.Samuel Miller, 111
LA Co UW instructor #11
NAUI Instructor # A 27
PADI Instructor # 241
etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom