Uemis transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baystr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone try any other manufacturer's transmitters with the Uemis..........hate to buy a second one, but need one for an upcoming trip to Truk and Palau, any help would be appreciated

I have not tested this myself, but I would be surprised if it were possible. I've not heard of any brands being exchangeable among each other, for that matter.

It won't solve your problem but the UEMIS transmitter is the best transmitter I've used so far (against Oceanic and Suunto) as it has the highest transmitting range I've seen.

If you can afford Truk and Palau, buying an additional transmitter won't really hurt your finances.... If it does, a good old fini would be a real alternative.

thanks for the suggestions, I am working on some old uwatecs right now.........I have linked lots of other transmitters with random computers successfully without problem, just trying to save a few bucks..........I will let you know how I do!

thanks for the suggestions, I am working on some old uwatecs right now.........I have linked lots of other transmitters with random computers successfully without problem, just trying to save a few bucks..........I will let you know how I do!
Let me admit up front that I'm one of those people who have a transmitter and a backup SPG attached to my first stage.

Still, the idea of trusting my gas management / time management to an untested computer / transmitter pair... I don't know, that's just not the place where I'd want to save a few bucks... I'd hate to have the computer show me that I needed 10 minutes of deco and then finding out that the pressure reading was wrong and that I have 5 minutes of air left at this depth...

Let me admit up front that I'm one of those people who have a transmitter and a backup SPG attached to my first stage.

Still, the idea of trusting my gas management / time management to an untested computer / transmitter pair... I don't know, that's just not the place where I'd want to save a few bucks... I'd hate to have the computer show me that I needed 10 minutes of deco and then finding out that the pressure reading was wrong and that I have 5 minutes of air left at this depth...

I have analog spg's on every reg I own, in addition to transmitters as well, the transmitters are simply for convenience, and rgt for deco............my experience is simply they either pair, or dont.........I have never seen one drop its pairing yet............and btw, so far, I havent had any luck linking anything else with my uemis......

I have analog spg's on every reg I own, in addition to transmitters as well, the transmitters are simply for convenience, and rgt for deco............my experience is simply they either pair, or dont.........I have never seen one drop its pairing yet............and btw, so far, I havent had any luck linking anything else with my uemis......
In my lowly 60 dives I have already seen this happen twice to other divers - everything is fine for the first few minutes and then the transmitter stopped. One Suunto the other Oceanic. One had a backup SPG, the other didn't... end of dive :-(

I've had my Uemis transmitter drop out a few times, once in a cave. It usually starts working again after a few minutes, I use an analogue SPG as well so not a big problem but would like to know what causes it. Is there a way to monitor the battery level in the transsmitters? I have only done about 26 dives with the Uemis so far.

Back
Top Bottom