Uemis transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What type of divelights are you using doing cave diving ?

All transmitters are likely to drop out if you use HID divelight and to some extent big LEDs lights (with electronic drivers embedded - not small torch or backup lights). The electronics used for both type of lights generates electromag interference which tends to interfere with the tranmitter signal.

Thanks for the reply. I use a big LED light, nothing special, takes 8 C cells. Could be a cause, however have had dropouts during the day with no torch as well, and no low battery warnings for transmitters. They have not been used much and should have plenty of charge yet. I might change the batteries anyway just in case. I don't actually do any cave diving as such, more reef and wreck, however the first time I had dropouts was at a site called Fish Rock Cave, at South West Rocks, where a 120 metre tunnel runs right through an island, it's pretty cool. Some of the other divers ahead and behind me might have had HID lights.

What type of divelights are you using doing cave diving ?

All transmitters are likely to drop out if you use HID divelight and to some extent big LEDs lights (with electronic drivers embedded - not small torch or backup lights). The electronics used for both type of lights generates electromag interference which tends to interfere with the tranmitter signal.

my ikelite strobes seem to interfere with transmitters, I never lose signal whem I dont have my camera..........have over a hundred dives on my uemis........but........like you, I always have analog spg's just in case!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom