Uemis Zurich SDA Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark260165

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have had my Uemis exchanged as one day it would only show a white screen, the service I received was exceptional and within day's I had a complete new boxed set as replacement.
Well I just wanted someone to explain the Uemis SDA sleep mode as I keep noticing it waking up.
Here is an example......
Dived yesterday afternoon, did two dives then drove home.
Rinsed all my kit and left Zurich SDA in the sun to charge, two hours later I picked it up to put it away and got a "Resuming" message then it started up.
Later that evening I turned on the DC to get the dive details so I can write up my logs, then left it on my bed side table.
When I walked in the bedroom the vibration from the door closing woke it up again with the resuming message.
I just want it to go to sleep & wake up when I want it too.
If its going to wake up at every vibration its going to be flat if we have a two week spell of bad weather, surley I don't have to leave it in my garage do I???

Is everyone else's doing the same?????

Regards

Mark

Mine is the same!

Read the manual and it explains a little more about it. Set your "time to sleep" to a shorter time and it does seem to go into a deeper sleep after being undisturbed for a fair while - my experience anyways!

It doesn't seem to affect battery life for me so far.

Is this something that can be adjusted via firmware? For example if I intentionally turn it off, only have it turn back on if I turn it on, or some other function other than motion, maybe altitude change of at least 5 feet or maybe when it senses water (does it do this?) Just a thought...

It does go on when it senses water around 3-5 feet (i dont know the exact depth). I tried this out by turning it on on the boat to set/check everything for my dive and then when it was "off" I left it off and jumped in.

It auto switched on and was calculating the dive right away as if it was on from the start.

Back
Top Bottom