Uh oh...dis ain't looking so good...(FG trip)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will fill up. I do not book until last minute anymore because, I like to book direct. I want Gulf Diving to make the money on the trips not the dive shop who had nothing to do with getting me to sign up. I also have a varied schedule and never know what is going to pop up that might need my attention. Lastly I like to see what the weather is going to do. They go out in up to and including 5 foot seas. I can do it, but it's not my cup of tea. I like anything up to 3 foot or so.

They finally updated again, as of 7 August there's only 5 openings left. Should definitely be in the "go" category, weather permitting. Now I just have to start evil-eyeing the weather buoy site. :)

They finally updated again, as of 7 August there's only 5 openings left. Should definitely be in the "go" category, weather permitting. Now I just have to start evil-eyeing the weather buoy site. :)

The weather is no problem, just got back from the Aug 7th-8th trip on the Fling last nite.....2-3's going out Wed nite with 1-2's on Thurs & Fri(yesterday)..In fact it was 'too calm' Thurs to do the rig dive---ie no wind & no current to keep the boat off the rig..We did another East Bank buoy dive instead(not too bad as we saw 3 big reef sharks on that dive to sub for the 2 hammerheads on the rig...lol)......Have fun and here's hoping Mr Whaley Shark gives ya'll a visit......looking back we saw more big sharks(and a jew fish-@ Stetson) than before........

Sounds like you had an awesome trip! I can't wait to get out there for Labor Day. Fingers crossed for the weather still. You never know about the Gulf!! One thing is for certain, the FG has delivered some awesome diving this year!

Back
Top Bottom