UK Super Q eLED warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jghflash

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Several years ago I got one of these from my daughter for a birthday present. Really bright, tight beam, small light, easy to carry, great for poking around during daylight dives.....but after a year or so it flooded. Had a leak in the light head, not the double orings. I was living in the states then and sent it to UK in California and they replaced it, with apologies, immediately. That was about 2 1/2 years ago. On the last dive trip at Christmas, after 150 or so dives, the new one did the same thing. I sent a note to UK in Germany (living in Europe now) and they responded immediately noting they were sorry this happened again and that because of the problems they had redesigned the light head.........and that they would immediately send me a new one of the new design! It seems there is a lifetime warranty in the states and a 10 year warranty everywhere else according to their website. I really love the light so hopefully the new design will fix the seemingly known flooding problem. When it works, I think it's one of the best small packet lights around, pound for pound.

Would you please give me the contact information for UK in California. I cannot find it.
Thank you,
drdaddy

Later in the morning!!!

I found the contact information - I had been looking for United Kinetics, but it was under "UK Scuba Lights"

http://info@uwkinetics.com

Thank you,
drdaddy

Last edited:
I have bought these over and over and in time they all flooded. The LED version seems to auto-flood as soon as I need it. I no longer use them and through the last of them away. Unfortunately replaced with the China made Intova lights.

N

Are we talking the UK ELED Mini Q40's? I have a half dozen of these I used for students to use for cave class. I've never had a single problem with a flood. Hmm, wonder what's up.

*edit*
Oops, my bad, I just re-read and caught the "super q"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom