Ulua Night dive, 7/24/2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSeanMaui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's are my photos from last night.

http://www.scubapost.net/blogs/?q=node/173

I saw a cool Bobtail Squid and a juvenile Frogfish.. Pretty cool dive!

I saw a Moray I haven't seen before. anyone have an idea of what species it is? It was very small but bigger than a Dwarf..
My Light Cannon help him snag a fat shrimp....

_DSC0138.jpg

Thanks,

Sean

Thanks justleesa! Have you seen many squid on O'ahu?

They have a "stubby squid" back in Socal... it looks very much like the bobtail...

Stubby (Photo by T.Strait)
P2060043.JPG

Here's my Bobtail:

_DSC0062.jpg

http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=20910

Nice pics Sean! I have been meaning to commend you on the continually improving photos you have posted over the past few months (though I think all of the scubaboard threads that included them were lost with the recent tech. probs).

Keep 'em coming!

And I am still hopeful that we will be able to meet up for a dive or 2 during my maui trip in Sept.

Also Sean, I apologize, I know I asked you this before (but it was a lost thread)...

I had a few Q's on your camera set up. I thought I remembered that you were shooting with a D200 with 60mm macro lens. What U/W housing and strobe are you using? Been happy with them?

thanks in advance.
Quinn

Thanks QQQ9999,

I'm glad you have been enjoying the photos. I'm using an Ikelite housing with a DS-51 strobe and a DS-50 strobe. I had the strobes from my previous UW setup and they have been working ok so far. They produce a good amount of light and are light weight-wise. The D200 can go up to really hight aperture settings so the light intensity comes into play at the higher settings (over F20) but at lower settings they are fine. The DS-51 has some manual settings I want to try out to offer some more experimentation but the housing has some strobe power adjustements as well.

The housing is pretty good but it's big. It took some getting used to viewing the viewfinder straight-on since it's recessed into the housing where my last camera had a larger display and was very close to the edge of the panel... A friend of mine has a D80 with a Sea and Sea housing but it was 2 times the price (around 2500 I think). I hear the D200 Sea and Sea housing is VERY heavy and required some buoyancy arms/attachments to just get it reasonably light.. I have some arms with some buoyancy floats which makes my housing pretty neutral...

I may upgrade the strobes but so far they have been good. If you have any questions feel free to ask me! I'll be here in Sept so let's go diving!

Sean

Back
Top Bottom