Unable to access scubaboard from home - 403 Forbidden

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antarctic-Adventurer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone help me ascertain why I cannot access scubaboard from my home? Whenever I try and acces the board from my home address I continually get a "403 Forbidden. Request forbidden by administrative rules." message regardless of the computer or browser. If I use a public-proxy server however I can gain access. One possible cause for this would be if my IP has been blocked at the scubaboard end. Is it possible that my IP has been somehow blacklisted by the server? If not was else could it be?

I have satellite internet service. I occasionally run into this same problem on certain forums. When it happens, I restart the modem by unplugging the power to it for 30 seconds. It restarts and I get a new IP number and the forum lets me on.

Can anyone help me ascertain why I cannot access scubaboard from my home? Whenever I try and acces the board from my home address I continually get a "403 Forbidden. Request forbidden by administrative rules." message regardless of the computer or browser. If I use a public-proxy server however I can gain access. One possible cause for this would be if my IP has been blocked at the scubaboard end. Is it possible that my IP has been somehow blacklisted by the server? If not was else could it be?

If your IP was blocked, you'd get a message that said, "The administrator has blocked this IP address, if you feel this is in error, please email support at scubaboard.com"

So I don't think it's that.

Try tossing cookies and clearing cache. Also depending on what time of day you do this, we do a daily backup around 08:30 UTC. Approximately 40 minutes before you posted this message.

Do you have a significant-other that thinks you spend too much time on scubaboard?

you know...just check all possible reasons :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom