Unable to get my Zen Air i950 to work with transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dizzyds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I am new to diving and I bought this from my LDS because I did not want to deal with the gauges and console. My receiver's firmware version is 1B. The transmitter is installed onto the HP valve of my ScubaPro MK25 first stage, I read in the manual that the transmitter will not turn on until pressurized, I take that as when the first stage is hooked onto the tank. I hooked it up to the tank and turn the tank on and then checked that air is going through by doing a slight purge on my second stage and octopus, then I hold the top left button for > 2 sec to bring it to NORM SURF MODE, all I get is flashing 0000 for the psi reading, tried to do a battery check by pressing top right > 2 sec, I get the battery for ZEN AIR GOOD, then NO AVAIL TRT 1, TRT 2 and TRT 3 are off. So I thought it maybe it did not link so I pressed Top Right and Bottom Left Button for > 2 sec, 3 times to get to the SET U mode and set the TRT 1 id to the serial number of the transmitter, then went to NORM SURF MODE and the PSI reading is still flashing 0000. Removed the transmitter and connect a standard SPG to the same valve and SPG showed 2800 PSI from the same tank. I also tried to adjust the sampling rate to make sure it's not responding fast enough, all this is done with the receiver side by side with the transmitter to avoid possible interference.

So I am wondering if it's the unit is broken or I am just newbie in using this dive computer? Can someone please help? Thanks for your time and attention.

I thought so too, so I did change the battery in the transmitter with a new CR2 but the same problem I also used a voltmeter to check that both the new and original battery had charge on them, so I am pretty lost on what the problem may be.

Hi-
The wrist unit should be activated prior to pressurizing the system, also purging the system quickly a few times to change the tank pressure can get the trx and link to establish. It appears you have verified the correct trx id on the wrist unit and done the initial troubleshooting steps, so if you continue to have an issue you should contact your LDS and they can return it to TUSA for warranty evaluation.

Just want to do an update on this topic:
Brought the setup back to the LDS today and confirm it's the transmitter that failed, so swapped the transmitter with another one they had in stock and it worked fine. Not sure if it's a battery issue since the transmitter was not pressurized when I test it with a new CR2, but I did test the battery with the voltmeter to make sure there is still charge in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom