Uncool PADI - as if we didn't know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All certifying agencys are interested in making money.....thats how they survive. (I may be wrong but don't know of any major nonprofit scuba certifying agencys.) That PADI Reps attitude was not only ignorant but rude. She could have used it as an oppertunity to convert you and get you to cross over. You DO have a recourse though....Did you happen to notice the girls nametag??? I would make a formal complaint to PADI against her. She sounds like a newbee trying to showboat.....:mooner: There are jerks in every agency and to judge the agency on the behavior of one individual is like comdemning a whole family because one family member committed a crime.
Peace and great viz,
Red

SEI Diving is non profit. And I'm guessing if she was hot he did not notice a name tag:eyebrow:!

lol ...I bet he would have
... now just where do you think it was pined?

BTW .. I think that Walters post makes sense , or at least a new person that did not have a clue

I sure do, Jim, and she will be at BTS at the end of the month. I kinda have to laugh. When I hit 40, I started to complain about parts breaking, needing hearing aid and glasses, and the weight just doesn't come off as easily as it used to. Mel hit 40 last year, and that's all I'm saying about that. She is still my boooth babe though, and we will still have beer, even if you walk into the booth with another liveaboard shirt on. (Especially if you walk in with another liveaboard shirt on.)

I have a visiting booth babe this year, too. She used to be my Mate, but found a new life as a cougar in New Jersey.

Jim Lapenta:
PADI has booth babes?

I really don't know Jim, I've never stopped at the PADI booth at any trade show more than long enough to politely decline the paper bag they try to hand me as I walk by. There will be plenty of them at other booths. Look all you want, that's why they're there. If you want information at a booth (other than her phone number), talk to someone who actually works for the company.

*yawn* heard it all before - pass the popcorn.

While attending the Deep 2010 Indonesia show in Jakarta today .. one of the PADI reps told me that the food and beverages were for members of PADI only, and then turned her back on me.

Jerome Fink
SSI Instructor 49813
PADI DM 983293

Women! - Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Back
Top Bottom